Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

18 hours ago, harley04 said:

And after reading PC beat MBA, this has the making of a heck of a game:mrgreen:

17 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I saw Austin-East on film against Alcoa.  Pearl-Cohn is better than them.  They are more physical and have played and beaten teams that are better as well.  

I believe Alcoa is the favorite and it's much deserved given their track record.  I've seen Alcoa on film several times this year as well.  They will get in the I-Formation and run Power & Toss Sweep and they will go play-action and throw the Post (off of Power action).  Their best plays are when they are in Two Back Gun running Counter Trey and when they are in Deuce Gun running Inverted Veer off of Jet Sweep action.  I also like how they roll the QB and throw the Smash and the Snag to the 2WR look.  They'll have to do that more as opposed to running Verticals and throwing the Backside Fade to #s 12 and 5 against Pearl-Cohn's secondary.  

12 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Best of luck to PC. Finally get this matchup that everybody has wanted

Lots of chatter on social media from other schools in East TN about wanting Alcoa to bump up to 5a or 6a, despite tssaa rules, because they don't think Alcoa has enough competition.  They obviously haven't seen PC on tape. 

3A is strong. Last year as well. 2018 upperman and Covington would have beaten 70% of 6a schools. AE would have beaten 50%.

Look what PC has done this year, All of middle TN thinks Alcoa will lose this game. 

5 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Lots of chatter on social media from other schools in East TN about wanting Alcoa to bump up to 5a or 6a, despite tssaa rules, because they don't think Alcoa has enough competition.  They obviously haven't seen PC on tape. 

3A is strong. Last year as well. 2018 upperman and Covington would have beaten 70% of 6a schools. AE would have beaten 50%.

Look what PC has done this year, All of middle TN thinks Alcoa will lose this game. 

Usually those same schools are the ones that get thumped by Alcoa. It's a testament to their program that they are the equal of some programs with triple their enrollment. While I'll be rooting for PC, Alcoa Is the favorite until someone proves otherwise. East TN 3A-5A is very strong

• Like 1