Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

On 12/1/2019 at 9:39 AM, CardinalGrey said:

Thoughts during the off-season on our Wildcat Football team.  Our undefeated freshman team from a few years ago are now seniors... We have several exciting younger players to watch... With offseason training and hard work how far will it take us? 

This is the first post in the Oak Ridge High School 2020 Football thread.

To answer the question, the team would take us to the State Championship game TONIGHT!

• Like 2

Not trying to be a jerk just trying to be realistic...

How hurt was # 1 all season??? Last summer I thought he was a sure All-State player. He certainly did not play up to that standard. My guess is he was hurt all season long and at times very injured. 

On the one hand I understand you keep the opposing team in the dark about an injured player. On the other hand by not telling how serious an injury is you leave the player open to unfair comments.

RWR!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

How hurt was # 1 all season??? Last summer I thought he was a sure All-State player. He certainly did not play up to that standard. My guess is he was hurt all season long and at times very injured. 

On the one hand I understand you keep the opposing team in the dark about an injured player. On the other hand by not telling how serious an injury is you leave the player open to unfair comments.

RWR!

Not sure if he was hurt all year long, but of course he was early on in the season. Even though he rushed for over 1000 yards, most of those yards came against Karns and other bad teams. Our offensive line certainly didn’t help matters, but I will agree with you that I was not overly impressed by him this past season. That’s not to say that I don’t think he didn’t put forth the effort. I hardly think that, but there was just something missing. I’m glad he has another year left though.

Edited by SweetScience

2 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Did anybody wake up Monday thinking Coach Gaddis might retire and Coach Minor would be elevated to Head Coach???

Coach Gaddis did a fantastic job this season. He did everything he could have and I will always think of him as the Coach of Oak Ridge. But can he repeat the job he did in 2020? I don't know.

Coach Minor is an Oak Ridge guy to the bone. He is ready to step up and I sure hope it is with Oak Ridge and not a rival school.

These are just things on my mind.

RWR!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Did anybody wake up Monday thinking Coach Gaddis might retire and Coach Minor would be elevated to Head Coach???

Coach Gaddis did a fantastic job this season. He did everything he could have and I will always think of him as the Coach of Oak Ridge. But can he repeat the job he did in 2020? I don't know.

Coach Minor is an Oak Ridge guy to the bone. He is ready to step up and I sure hope it is with Oak Ridge and not a rival school.

These are just things on my mind.

RWR!

The day Gaddis steps down from coaching OR is probably the day he dies, or is on his death bed. As long as his passion is still there, and it is, he will continue as the head coach. I don’t see him losing that fire anytime soon. I’m sure him taking us back to state has only made his hunger stronger to wanna get back again.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 1