Loretto vs Greenfield @ Westview

footballover

8 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I'm talking about past and present and yes, I believe West Tn A and AA have the best girls teams and Memphis for AAA outside of Riverdale

Well,  I think Loretto, Summertown, and Clarkrange in the middle Tennessee might have a little to say about that and we will have some of the best in AA and especially in AAA too.  The west have some good teams, but they ain't all over on that side of the state.

11 hours ago, gogold said:

Well,  I think Loretto, Summertown, and Clarkrange in the middle Tennessee might have a little to say about that and we will have some of the best in AA and especially in AAA too.  The west have some good teams, but they ain't all over on that side of the state.

We won't know who the best of the best is until after the state. But the quantity and quality of teams around here is tough. Greenfield's district consist of Greenfield, Gleason, Dresden, Union City and Bradford. Last year it was TCA, GC, Middleton, Humboldt and Trenton Peabody in ours not to mention Huntingdon and McKenzie. You have Memphis Business and Hillcrest in Memphis in Single A to go through. That is just two districts.19 Gold Balls in both districts. No disrespect to Loretto, Clarkrange and Summertown because they are all tough. 

Edited by pioneer42

8 hours ago, gogold said:

TSSAA doesn't recognize a middle Tennessee area. You either east or west and ya'll are west so I put Loretto and Summertown in the mix of great west Tennessee teams. Looking like another showdown between Summertown and Huntingdon in the region 6 semi's.

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

TSSAA doesn't recognize a middle Tennessee area. You either east or west and ya'll are west so I put Loretto and Summertown in the mix of great west Tennessee teams. Looking like another showdown between Summertown and Huntingdon in the region 6 semi's.

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I guess we were adopted and we are now a west Tennessee team !  lol !   Hey Croppy I don't mind us being family !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gogold said:

I guess we were adopted and we are now a west Tennessee team !  lol !   Hey Croppy I don't mind us being family !

I like you guys over in region 6 also. Been a new experience for us as we've always played west of the river. Myself I've enjoyed playing against ya'll. You play a good brand of basketball in region 6. Lots of passion for the game over there.

8 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I like you guys over in region 6 also. Been a new experience for us as we've always played west of the river. Myself I've enjoyed playing against ya'll. You play a good brand of basketball in region 6. Lots of passion for the game over there.

Thanks big man, I just wished we were a little closer to you !   I like your girls hard  play over there and your fan support.  We have been over in your area quite a bit this past year.  I may have to pay city taxes in Huntingdon since I go over there so much. lol !

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2019 at 6:58 PM, RealisticFan45 said:

This was a heavyweight battle worth admission. The refs let them play and I think Greenfield's physicality took a toll on Loretto down the stretch. Yes, many questionable calls, but the game remained close til the end. Cant wait for March.

I was in attendance too. Loretto after a three hour drive handled game as well as could in what felt like a Greenfield home atmosphere. I’m like you it came down to the end and Loretto is very disciplined in fouling where Greenfield is not. That’s where the game was won Greenfield going to line at end when Loretto started fouling some. Refs def let lots of Greenfield fouls go. Greenfield is very good but so is Loretto. If refs are going to let them play physical like that then Loretto can and will step it up. They can and will, but I don’t think they will let them play like that in Murfreesboro. I don’t know what post I read prior but I agree #10 is a steal for BMC and the Weathers girl should be able to go anywhere she wants to continue playing. McBee being back 100% will be a plus too. Moore and the two Darby’s are good players too. Losing some good upperclassmen this year on every team. Just hope every team stays healthy.

6 hours ago, TENNTOWN said:

I was in attendance too. Loretto after a three hour drive handled game as well as could in what felt like a Greenfield home atmosphere. I’m like you it came down to the end and Loretto is very disciplined in fouling where Greenfield is not. That’s where the game was won Greenfield going to line at end when Loretto started fouling some. Refs def let lots of Greenfield fouls go. Greenfield is very good but so is Loretto. If refs are going to let them play physical like that then Loretto can and will step it up. They can and will, but I don’t think they will let them play like that in Murfreesboro. I don’t know what post I read prior but I agree #10 is a steal for BMC and the Weathers girl should be able to go anywhere she wants to continue playing. McBee being back 100% will be a plus too. Moore and the two Darby’s are good players too. Losing some good upperclassmen this year on every team. Just hope every team stays healthy.

I agree Loretto is disciplined about fouling. West TN officials have let teams play big time this year and Murfreesboro will not let them play like that. I have been saying that all along. Going to be interesting to see the draw this year as it is every year The draw can be a game changer in itself. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Edited by pioneer42

13 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree Loretto is disciplined about fouling. West TN officials have let teams play big time this year and Murfreesboro will not let them play like that. I have been saying that all along. Going to be interesting to see the draw this year as it is every year The draw can be a game changer in itself. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Every year it seems there's a hard draw and a soft draw and some paths are easier to get to the title game.....in a Greenfield v. Loretto part 2, if it happens....It'll be a great one I'm sure.