RESPECT or Notoriety! Why worthy schools, coaches and players don't get any!?

RealisticFan45

1 hour ago, bleedblackandgold said:

Jason Reuter prepares his team for state. If he sat his starters down every time the game was a cake walk.... they would be sitting A LOT. He keeps these players in to get them experience and play time. He isn’t worried about the other teams feelings. This is high school athletics- there’s no participation award. 

You claim that he has not won a coach of the year award because of jealousy and I offered you a talking point.  If you think beating Ooltewah 84-13 and Soddy Daisy 79-17 and 79-9 is prepping them for state then I no longer will engage you in meaningful dialogue because you obviously don't know anything about sports.  Have a good evening.

Edited by ClevelandRaiderFan4Life

12 hours ago, ClevelandRaiderFan4Life said:

You claim that he has not won a coach of the year award because of jealousy and I offered you a talking point.  If you think beating Ooltewah 84-13 and Soddy Daisy 79-17 and 79-9 is prepping them for state then I no longer will engage you in meaningful dialogue because you obviously don't know anything about sports.  Have a good evening.

I actually do know sports.  I also know that his plan is working much better than anyone else's in the district to get to state.

• Upvote 1

Today, I  met the mother of a Freshman girl who plays basketball and listened to her speak  about the knee injury her daughter sustained last year and the recovery. Her girl is playing now, but is not fully recovered. Like all parents, they have high hopes. So do I. I've not yet been to any of her games, but I will.

There is another girl, from a different team, who I watched start a few games last year as a Freshman. Her mother died suddenly this past year. The girl still plays and is fast becoming the leader of her team.

This thread, that speaks of jealousy, and tippy-toes around "MORALITY,"  is not worthy of the players and is very offensive to me.

Watch the players play games. If you don't like the news coverage, write a letter to the editor.

Edited by Americal198

On 1/5/2020 at 1:49 PM, Indian said:

Looking at it from the outside, my guess is there is resentment when players from other schools/school systems end up at Bradley. And no, that's not saying there is any monkey business involved in the moves. 

Very similar to Cleveland HS wrestling (& Bradley wrestling to a smaller degree).

if you build it, they will come...

kind of like the East Hamilton senior transfer that plays for Cleveland guys basketball... will that eliminate Reggie Tucker from COY consideration? (I don’t think it should...) 

On 1/6/2020 at 11:29 AM, bleedblackandgold said:

I also know that his plan is working much better than anyone else's in the district to get to state.

Hard to dispute this.

Doing what is best for your girls and your team/program will not always make others feel good in the “everyone gets a trophy” age we live in, but it isn’t his fault that they haven’t lost a District game in 5+ years (and really haven’t had many even be close during that time)... 

19 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Very similar to Cleveland HS wrestling (& Bradley wrestling to a smaller degree).

if you build it, they will come...

kind of like the East Hamilton senior transfer that plays for Cleveland guys basketball... will that eliminate Reggie Tucker from COY consideration? (I don’t think it should...) 

Exactly.  The only hate/disrespect is towards Reuter and the Bearettes.  He has built the program that it is.  He is there to win and doesn't play with the "everyone get's a trophy" mindset.  He makes every girls on his team better.  They may ride the bench freshman year where they could be playin/starting for another district school- but they are practicing and learning with the best- and when it is their time... they shine.  No one thought those girls could even go to state last year after losing Rhyne Howard- but they proved everyone wrong.  The pettiness of the other coaches to not vote for Reuter for COY and to put less players on the all district team than Cleveland and East Hamilton is amusing and childish.  Continue to build their fire- they will continue to dominate. 

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 10:29 PM, ClevelandRaiderFan4Life said:

So beating Soddy Daisy last night 62-12???? and the coach quoting that he used the game to prep for the East Hamilton game???? Sounds like someone is reading our thread and learning something :-? but I guess it is okay as long as it isn't Bradley doing it. 

2 hours ago, bleedblackandgold said:

So beating Soddy Daisy last night 62-12???? and the coach quoting that he used the game to prep for the East Hamilton game???? Sounds like someone is reading our thread and learning something :-? but I guess it is okay as long as it isn't Bradley doing it. 

Bleedblackandgold you really seem to have a dislike for the Cleveland coach. Do you even know the guy? Don’t get me wrong I don’t ever want to see Cleveland win but I dont see any need to keep bashing a coach of another team. Just my opinion.

Edited by BasketballVol

26 minutes ago, BasketballVol said:

Bleedblackandgold you really seem to have a dislike for the Cleveland coach. Do you even know the guy? Don’t get me wrong I don’t ever want to see Cleveland win but I dont see any need to keep bashing a coach of another team. Just my opinion.

I was just referring to the Cleveland fan who was making points why Bradley doesn't get the respect they deserve as to why is was okay for his team to do the things that makes Bradley so hated- and last night was the perfect example.  And, I actually know enough of the guy.  I actually sat at a Bradley/Cleveland game two years ago and saw him curse Jason Reuter in front of the entire gym.. the guy gets ne respect from me.

16 minutes ago, bleedblackandgold said:

I was just referring to the Cleveland fan who was making points why Bradley doesn't get the respect they deserve as to why is was okay for his team to do the things that makes Bradley so hated- and last night was the perfect example.  And, I actually know enough of the guy.  I actually sat at a Bradley/Cleveland game two years ago and saw him curse Jason Reuter in front of the entire gym.. the guy gets ne respect from me.

I gotcha. I understand, I just thought you may have had some interactions with him or something. Yes I was at that game also, I remember it well!

7 hours ago, BasketballVol said:

I gotcha. I understand, I just thought you may have had some interactions with him or something. Yes I was at that game also, I remember it well!

I honestly just think that the disrespect and hate for the program is uncalled for. Those girls and coaches work harder than some college teams year round. They don’t just wake up and win games. Year after year they have a winning program. The Cleveland boys were ranked #1 in the AP poll this week just like the Bearettes. They were the number 1 pick in the district. They are beating teams by 50. No one is throwing them hate. Coach Tucker will most likely get COY- as he deserves it. Yet, when Bradley does the same thing it is hated upon. I have watched this for years and it’s  becoming a little tiring.