What in the world? No tickets being sold to Humboldt-Trenton

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really weird. Not sure exactly what is going on but, from the info I got it has everything to do with some old fashioned thuggery. Some stuff was said, did, and or threatened at the last game... fight in the parking lot. Trenton is doing what they feel like is in the best interest of its players and school and not allowing anyone into the game that is not approved. 

I will not be critical of the move because there is a ton of stuff working in background of this story that has not been released to the public. I completely understand that because there is an on going investigation into the matters that are causing this. 

It is a really sad state of times that we are living in. I personally refuse to live my life in fear. I will not let some gang banger ruin what I want to do. Unfortunately, it has come to this. We as a society must do better. Its just that simple. We are living in such a tribal world that hate is going to follow you at every corner if you are not " one of us ". 

I for one am guilty of it as well. I get charged up when its us vs them. I would never bring violence into a situation but I feel like I could do a better job personally at welcoming my rival off the court or the field. This goes WAY past school rivals. Gangs are involved I do believe. Hopefully they can this worked out and settled in a peaceful manner. 

3 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

Two great programs. Two great coaches. There is a logical explanation or this would not be happening. Would be nice of them to share it and I am sure they will when they are allowed. I got Peabody at home by 14

From what I've heard, there have been some inappropriate comments made on social media & too my understanding most of the treats are from people who are not in school at Trenton or Humboldt. Like ManofMillions stated, " a lot of gang members that are not in school are causing the safety issues" but let's not think for one minute that neither schools don't have students that are in gangs. I think all schools should have metal detectors for students at school as well as any sporting event to ensure the safety of all or at least pat search & check purses for people attending. And that's just my opinion but we cant live in fear, & only 200 tickets will be sold.  A 100 tickets for each school & you will have to go to school to purchase no tickets will be sold at door.

Edited by 87vikingalumni
edit

2 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

From what I've heard, there have been some inappropriate comments made on social media & too my understanding most of the treats are from people who are not in school at Trenton or Humboldt. Like ManofMillions stated, " a lot of gang members that are not in school are causing the safety issues" but let's not think for one minute that neither schools don't have students that are in gangs. I think all schools should have metal detectors for students at school as well as any sporting event to ensure the safety of all or at least pat search & check purses for people attending. And that's just my opinion but we cant live in fear, & only 200 tickets will be sold.  A 100 tickets for each school & you will have to go to school to purchase no tickets will be sold at door.

Exactly what I heard from a coach at Humboldt. But that it was some players going back and forth as well. Why not just beef up the security instead of hindering parents and family members form being able to come to the game. 

4 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Unfortunately, fear is a very powerful thing. It is very motivating to action. Either for or against fear works every time. 

Politicians, companies, and yest gang bangers, use it all the time to get people to do, buy, or vote a certain way.

Absolutely not OK with being pat searched when I go into a game or building. I just flew halfway around the country a few weeks ago and taking my shoes off and going through a metal detector was invasive enough.  

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I heard they did not honor TSSAA and TACA passes for this game. I did not realize an individual school could make that call. But I guess they wanted to keep all those gang members that have TSSAA passes out of the game. SMH......

TSSAA doesn't get any money from regular season games so I can see that being a school/district call in a situation like this. Those things get passed around all the time. 

Schools lose gate and concession money over garbage like this. It hurts the kids. Sad.

34 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

TSSAA doesn't get any money from regular season games so I can see that being a school/district call in a situation like this. Those things get passed around all the time. 

Schools lose gate and concession money over garbage like this. It hurts the kids. Sad.

Also, These programs survive on the money that is collected at the gate. It is crucial to their program. Just another example of the world that we live in. Sad, but true. 

There has been a general rule for people that are teachers or coaches at another school do not pay to get into sporting events. I think that should remain. 

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Also, These programs survive on the money that is collected at the gate. It is crucial to their program. Just another example of the world that we live in. Sad, but true. 

There has been a general rule for people that are teachers or coaches at another school do not pay to get into sporting events. I think that should remain. 

Trust me, Peabody is going to be okay financially. I think they can risk one game with a limited amount of gate money. Kudos for them for doing this and not postponing the game, I think they would have to play this game anyway due to district status for both teams.

3 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Trust me, Peabody is going to be okay financially. I think they can risk one game with a limited amount of gate money. Kudos for them for doing this and not postponing the game, I think they would have to play this game anyway due to district status for both teams.

Trust me, I understand that they are going to be okay. Trenton has 1 school system to pay for and a community that really comes out to support them. 

Now, since you made an attempt to take away from my point, let say again that gate money is how most programs survive. I understand that Peabody is not going to miss they gate from this one game. I am saying that most programs survive off of it because that is their main stream of revenue. 

19 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Most districts have policy like this. I work for Shelby County. We used to honor outside district badges if we were playing a team from another district. Now, we send the school we're playing a certain number of tickets (30 for football). They can distribute them as they please. 

There was too much abuse with passes district IDs. I've had people in the past show up with a TSSAA ID, school ID, or some other thing that they assumed would get them in with 5 people in tow and they expect everyone to get in on that one badge. I get people that lie all the time about being in the "booster club" or working the "concession stand" just simply trying to get out of paying the at the gate.

Also, we have the SCIAA in Shelby Co.

When two SCS teams play each other the money is handled like this:

Officials/Gate workers get paid off the top (at my school a football game is about $1000), then the SCIAA takes 15% of the remaining, then the schools split what's left 50/50. (doesn't matter who hosts.)

For Example: Gate is $5000 in total ($8 ticket) $1000 (officials/gate workers), $600 (15% of $4000) SCIAA, Team A-$1700 (50% of 3400) Team B-$1700 (50% of 3400). This happens all over Shelby County for all sports all the time. 

I understand why people would want every dollar they can get at the gate.