Union City over Peabody

Gibson County over Gleason

Semifinals...

Greenfield over Dresden

Gibson County over Union City

Championship

Greenfield over Gibson County

Edited by GCPioneer

GCPioneer, I hate to say it but I think your predictions is right on. My Vikings will have to get the guards to set-up & that has been our weakness! If, they just cut down on unforced turnovers & penetrate or get ball into post players! I wouldn’t have guards shoot a 3 the entire game attack the paint off dribble or get to post, that simple!! Also, they must play four (4) quarters, in 4th against GC the guards shoot all 3’s & didn’t get the ball inside, I counted four (4) air balls from 3 which GC capitalized on & open lead!

Edited by 87vikingalumni
Corrections

13 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

GCPioneer, I hate to say it but I think your predictions is right on. My Vikings will have to get the guards to set-up & that has been our weakness! If, they just cut down on unforced turnovers & penetrate or get ball into post players! I wouldn’t have guards shoot a 3 the entire game attack the paint off dribble or get to post, that simple!! Also, they must play four (4) quarters, in 4th against GC the guards shoot all 3’s & didn’t get the ball inside, I counted four (4) air balls from 3 which GC capitalized on & open lead!

Humboldt is a very scary team. Their success rate is really high when the two big posts get the ball in their hands. Now GC dared them at times to shoot the three. They were sagging big time when they were in the zone. But I agree. I would get the ball to the post every possession I could and wouldn’t shoot a three.

20 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Humboldt is a very scary team. Their success rate is really high when the two big posts get the ball in their hands. Now GC dared them at times to shoot the three. They were sagging big time when they were in the zone. But I agree. I would get the ball to the post every possession I could and wouldn’t shoot a three.

Also, the shots they were taking from 3 were from the corners which is one of the hardest shots in basketball. I don’t see anybody beating Greenfield so if Humboldt upsets Dresden it will be over next round anyway! 

26 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Also, the shots they were taking from 3 were from the corners which is one of the hardest shots in basketball. I don’t see anybody beating Greenfield so if Humboldt upsets Dresden it will be over next round anyway! 

So the Greenfield Virus got you too? It is going around. Gibson County hadn’t got it yet and will never get it. We will never surrender a game to them or nobody else. They are a great team though and are fun to watch.

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

First round...

Greenfield over Madison

Dresden over Humboldt

Union City over Peabody

Gibson County over Gleason

Semifinals...

Greenfield over Dresden

Gibson County over Union City

Championship

Greenfield over Gibson County

I hope you are right!! Gleason is talented and so is Union City. We are just going one game at a time right now. 

1 hour ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt is capable of beating Dresden, I just think Dresden's guards win the game for them. If Humboldt can knock down a few 3's to open it up for the post, Dresden better watch out.

13 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I hope you are right!! Gleason is talented and so is Union City. We are just going one game at a time right now. 

Union City scares me more than Gleason does. I just feel we are better than Gleason at nearly every spot on the floor. I imagine Gleason will probably throw some kind of junk defense out there instead of playing us straight up defensively. Union City has two kids who are really good and some good role players that are capable of being really good around them as evident in the District Championship against Greenfield. 

Edited by GCPioneer

If union city plays like they did against Greenfield they are hard to beat, best half played against Greenfield all year. You got to go with Gibson County at home to make the finals but don’t  overlook Gleason, I’m calling a close game. They will slow it down and I’m saying GC wins by 4. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

18 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

If union city plays like they did against Greenfield they are hard to beat, best half played against Greenfield all year. You got to go with Gibson County at home to make the finals but don’t  overlook Gleason, I’m calling a close game. They will slow it down and I’m saying GC wins by 4. 

GC won’t overlook Gleason I will assure you. Gleason is talented. Why he slows it down or would constantly slow it down especially with a group of athletic girls is beyond me. To me it tells the girls I really don’t believe in you or trust you playing straight up. To me it favors GC to slow it down. I expect some trickery no doubt.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

So the Greenfield Virus got you too? It is going around. Gibson County hadn’t got it yet and will never get it. We will never surrender a game to them or nobody else. They are a great team though and are fun to watch.

Don’t have a virus or surrendering, I just know Humboldt guards will be the Vikings down fall! I know anything can happen in basketball but I’m also a realist! Humboldt has to get by Dresden first so we will see!

11 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Don’t have a virus or surrendering, I just know Humboldt guards will be the Vikings down fall! I know anything can happen in basketball but I’m also a realist! Humboldt has to get by Dresden first so we will see!

I agree Humboldt’s guards need to step up. Greenfield is good and I hope we run into them again. I just like the challenge of playing a great team. We have work to do as well with Gleason. But good luck girls and boys!!