Region 7 A

pioneer42

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

I'm glad that defensive adjustment was made at half. I was worried a bit. Bonds had a great first half scoring the ball, but the defensive adjustment of putting Sweat on her slowed her scoring down a lot. 

Union City is going to be really good again next year. They have some very good talent returning on the team next year. Good game tonight!

Thought Zoey Neal had some big minutes as well and gave Bass some rest and caught her second wind. Got a feeling they will be the team to beat at least for now next year especially not knowing how a lot of teams will be. I think we will not miss a beat next year, but it may take us a minute to get going with the young ones.

Edited by pioneer42

7 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I hope we win, but the one I won’t that GC will pull out all stops would be for a Gold Ball if we met up there. Wilkins made an adjustment and put Sweat on Bonds and GC knew points were a premium and got the ball to Hart every possession. GC played their third tough game this week and you could tell it. They were winded and on the ropes and Union City slowed the game down and GC finally caught enough second wind to finish them off. Gleason and Union City both had us on the ropes and decided to stall it and it backfired both times. Wilkins has lost 8 players that could have all contributed including Macey!!

Sounds like you might getting the virus after all.   all games are played to win 

9 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Union City had us beat....

Every player for us contributed in their own way and at the end of the game we found a way to win... awesome game!

Great game, great halftime adjustments. Union City had their chance to put GC away in 3 qtr but GC hung in there. Awesome game! We were pulling for GC. Now let’s both go and make the championship game at state tournament. 

2 hours ago, Youknowitstru88 said:

Sounds like you might getting the virus after all.   all games are played to win 

They have played 4 games in the last eight days. Their legs were shot last night. You think we won’t to go to Memphis to play a sub-state game? Just don’t know if their bodies will let them. We were on life support last night and Union City threw us a life vest.. Tuesday will be their 5th game in 10 days after a 10 day break. How does that happen? We play to win every game. Let me rephrase this for you. Hopefully we get our legs back by Tuesday. We were wore out last night.

Edited by pioneer42

6 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Great game, great halftime adjustments. Union City had their chance to put GC away in 3 qtr but GC hung in there. Awesome game! We were pulling for GC. Now let’s both go and make the championship game at state tournament. 

That is right. GC kept battling, Thought we were beat though a few times. Hopefully one of us will bring the Gold Ball back. If Greenfied plays with the energy they played last night for three games at state, they will win it and may not be close. Really good team. Dresden  and UC both are good teams. Both had really good years. UC will be the team to beat next year.

Edited by pioneer42

18 hours ago, cofo said:

Coach Wilkins is an amazing coach....no starters back from last year's Gold Ball team (Macy Neal was back but she blew out her knee a couple of weeks ago)....I'm sure Greenfield will spank them in the region championship game but they could be headed back to the 'Boro...

Anything can happen but it has been 33 years since Shelby Co sent a Class A girls team to state. That was Bolton when they had great Class A girls & boys programs. Getting to Region 7A finals all but assures you a spot in the Final 8.

59 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Anything can happen but it has been 33 years since Shelby Co sent a Class A girls team to state. That was Bolton when they had great Class A girls & boys programs. Getting to Region 7A finals all but assures you a spot in the Final 8.

I do think around here refs let you play as seen in the Dresden Greenfield game last night and that favors Greenfield. Think in Murfreesboro you will have a better chance of beating them and it might not be a great chance but refs up there call it different. And if we did meet them up there it would be game three of a three day event as it would be for us too and will be in a bigger gym.

56 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I do think around here refs let you play as seen in the Dresden Greenfield game last night and that favors Greenfield. Think in Murfreesboro you will have a better chance of beating them and it might not be a great chance but refs up there call it different. And if we did meet them up there it would be game three of a three day event as it would be for us too and will be in a bigger gym.

If gc is going to beat them Tuesday will be their best shot playing them on their home court.  Home court will help

17 minutes ago, Youknowitstru88 said:

If gc is going to beat them Tuesday will be their best shot playing them on their home court.  Home court will help

You may be right, but I still think Murfreesboro officials are not going to let them play like they did last night. Now Dresden had a lot to do with that because they were fouling unmercifully. Lots of contact they let go and it creates TO’s.

32 minutes ago, Youknowitstru88 said:

Yep Gibson County has to be the favorite At home Tuesday night in region final. It will be a barn burner. Everybody needs to come out and watch this game. Great atmosphere in Gibson County gym. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

15 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Yep Gibson County has to be the favorite At home Tuesday night in region final. It will be a barn burner. 
Everybody needs to come out and watch this game.  Great atmosphere. 

Now you are trying to be funny. You know as well as I do that game last night was full of contact and a lot of it let go. Now Dresden started a bunch of it and I don’t blame Greenfield for playing physical if officials let them. No team in the state is favored against Greenfield even on their home court. We are going to play hard for sure and give it all we got. We will see what happens but Vegas odds on this game would be minimum 10 points maybe 15 even at home. This is where losing Macey Neal really hurts us because she was a great ball handler and against Greenfield you can’t have enough of them.

Edited by pioneer42