Hardy Memorial forfeited to Clarkrange

Khall555

Don't know why they did, but to me this is part of a state issue. There is no reason why any district only has 4 teams in it and a team with a 1-27 record should never make a region tournament in the first place. I mean I dont think that I would have wanted to have drove that far to watch my child get embarrassed either, but they shouldnt have been able to do nothing in the regular season and make a region tournament.  

Edited by yomomma81
  • Like 2

They probably could have moved Lookout Valley to the district with Hardy, South Pittsburg and Van Buren. That would have made 5 in that district and 5 in the Chattanooga to Tellico district. You had a charter start up Chattanooga Leadership Academy or something, that might have thrown things off. Bledsoe had 515 students the last I saw so if that continues to this fall may have them down and probably prevent any more situations like this 1-win team making region. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yomomma81 said:

Don't know why they did, but to me this is part of a state issue. There is no reason why any district only has 4 teams in it and a team with a 1-27 record should never make a region tournament in the first place. I mean I dont think that I would have wanted to have drove that far to watch my child get embarrassed either, but they shouldnt have been able to do nothing in the regular season and make a region tournament.  

I completely agree. Their is only 3 teams in our District for Baseball. The State needs to fix a few things.

12 hours ago, Indian said:

They probably could have moved Lookout Valley to the district with Hardy, South Pittsburg and Van Buren. That would have made 5 in that district and 5 in the Chattanooga to Tellico district. You had a charter start up Chattanooga Leadership Academy or something, that might have thrown things off. Bledsoe had 515 students the last I saw so if that continues to this fall may have them down and probably prevent any more situations like this 1-win team making region. 

Lookout Valley was orginally in that district and petitioned TSSAA to mov eout because of the time zone difference and they granted it. 

52 minutes ago, tman22 said:

Lookout Valley was orginally in that district and petitioned TSSAA to mov eout because of the time zone difference and they granted it. 

I can see that, and it's valid. But going to Hardy, Whitwell, and South Pittsburg aren't long trips (30-40 minutes). Play Whitwell on a Friday and that solves it. Van Buren is a long trip, once a season, but they go to Copper Basin and Tellico which are probably worse even with the time difference. If, at all possible, they should have more than 4 teams in districts. 

14 minutes ago, Indian said:

Looking at their schedule, they played at Whitwell on a Tuesday, at Hardy on a Tuesday, at South Pittsburg on a Monday, and going to the central time zone didn't appear to be an issue in those games. Bad call by the TSSAA. 

Yeah in my opionion they wanted away from us and Whitwell, but also out of the region as well.