Summertown vs Huntingdon

mas1821

3 minutes ago, footballover said:

Who would Loretto/Huntingdon face substate? I am aware that Loretto is the favorite and if they win would host and Huntingdon would travel. Who are the other 2 teams in the other region? Its typically Houston Co or someone over that direction 

Jo Byrns and Richland I believe

10 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

I saw Summertown earlier in the year, and knew the squad that Huntingdon had... I figured it’d be close one way or the other. Big win for Coach Wilkins and Huntingdon! Great group of kids over there!

I wish someone could post percentages.   Summertown is normally a very good 3 point shooting team.  It felt like they were 3 for 18 last night.  They missed a TON of open looks, not like them at all.   They've never shot that poorly against Loretto.  Huntingdon shot it like Summertown normally does.  Can't shoot like that against a good team and expect a W.

3 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

I wish someone could post percentages.   Summertown is normally a very good 3 point shooting team.  It felt like they were 3 for 18 last night.  They missed a TON of open looks, not like them at all.   They've never shot that poorly against Loretto.  Huntingdon shot it like Summertown normally does.  Can't shoot like that against a good team and expect a W.

The press in the third and the forth quarter just changed momentum and they couldn’t get into a good rhythm at all. I am as shellshocked this morning as they are. I stood beside them on the floor and they looked like a junior college team. I honestly thought Huntingdon was going to get blowed out in the middle of the third quarter. Got to give Wilkins credit for throwing the all out pressure at them. 22 for them probably didn’t have many points but she was the MVP of the game. Without her they lose the game. She was all over the floor on defense and no telling how many steals and TO’s she created. But we have lost games this year like that so I know where they are coming from. They are a great team and have a great program as does Loretto.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

The press in the third and the forth quarter just changed momentum and they couldn’t get into a good rhythm at all. I am as shellshocked this morning as they are. I stood beside them on the floor and they looked like a junior college team. I honestly thought Huntingdon was going to get blowed out in the middle of the third quarter. Got to give Wilkins credit for throwing the all out pressure at them. 22 for them probably didn’t have many points but she was the MVP of the game. Without her they lose the game. She was all over the floor on defense and no telling how many steals and TO’s she created. But we have lost games this year like that so I know where they are coming from. They are a great team and have a great program as does Loretto.

No doubt that 22 won them the game in the 4th quarter!