MY NEW COVID-19 FOOTBALL PROPOSAL

9 minutes ago, Salem said:

Tests in middle TN are taking 9-10 days to come back. You can pay extra and get it back in the 3-4 day range. The players fall into the age group that rarely have serious symptoms. 9/10 will have no idea they are positive or only have cold/ allergy symptoms. There is a long discussion on the 5A/6A forum with dueling medical studies debating whether this age group even spreads the disease. Germany has done extensive testing on school age kids and the results are positive for reopening and getting back to normal. 

Good information. And it has been apparent for a while now this poses a small threat to young adults. The problem however is still the impact of finding a kid that tests positive. Do they shut it down or keep on trucking knowing kids for the most part have a very low percentage of complications with the virus. That's the info that seems important at this point.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Would mean the same about the whole school not just football? I mean the same kid will pass by every kid in the halls and classrooms not just the kids at practice or games. School would be a non issue as Zoom would allow them to continue online classes given the need. Now do you shut down your teams football and wait 2 weeks is another story. I dont think you can have a Football season like that. We will find out soon enough as some kind of guidelines on this very subject should surface soon if it hasnt already. If I were to guess you would quarantine the infected and ramp up temp checks and make known every symptom of the virus as to self diagnose and quarantine until a test is done. If one positive test puts a team or school down initially then I'm afraid the effort of football might be in vain. Again just my opinion.

Results from a test can come back in as little as 3 days. However if one of your best players misses on a Friday it could mean the difference of making the playoffs or not this year. If we go with 32 teams you could lose a few games and have a lower seed in the playoffs if we go the 9 team and only #1 seed that could mean the end of your playoffs that year.

This is why I am curious about the season schedule.I would not be surprised if they just played reg season and forego the playoffs because of that reason you noted.1 or 2 kids out can and will ruin someone's run.Ask me how I know.lol.Injuries are just part of the game and we take that as it comes,but if a kid tests positive he will sit.

Note:I want it to be normal this is just a question for talk.

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Tests in middle TN are taking 9-10 days to come back. You can pay extra and get it back in the 3-4 day range. The players fall into the age group that rarely have serious symptoms. 9/10 will have no idea they are positive or only have cold/ allergy symptoms. There is a long discussion on the 5A/6A forum with dueling medical studies debating whether this age group even spreads the disease. Germany has done extensive testing on school age kids and the results are positive for reopening and getting back to normal. 

I have known people to call and get their results in my area in a much quicker fashion rather then just waiting it out to get their call. Results dont seem to be given out in any specific order for some reason.