MY NEW COVID-19 FOOTBALL PROPOSAL

Deaths from Covid have dropped in USA for eleven straight weeks. It peaked the week of April 18 with almost 17k. On July 4 week it was 302! Why is media not telling us this? Answer is becoming more obvious every day. We need to stand up and start living our lives knowing there is always risk in anything we do. 

On 6/30/2020 at 11:14 AM, howdoitknow said:

Teams could practice throughout July and August in shorts and t-shirts and helmets.  7 vs 7 could be played for two months.  

9/4:  Preseason Week 1

9/11:  Preseason Week 2

9/18:  Week 1

9/25:  Week 2

10/2:  Week 3

10/9:  Week 4

10/16:  Week 5

10/23:  Week 6

10/30:  Week 7

11/6:  Week 8

11/13:  Week 9

11/20:  Week 10

11/27:  Week 11 (end the regular season the weekend of Thanksgiving)

12/4:  First Round

12/11:  Second Round

12/18:  Quarterfinals

12/26:  Semifinals (on a Saturday night)

12/31, 1/1, 1/2:  State Championship Weekend

Here's my proposal... go back to school and begin athletics on time as if CV-19 never happened. Not saying that we couldn't and shouldn't use some common sense in such things as disinfecting facilities, taking temp's, teachers monitoring for visible symptoms, ect..., but such drastic action that has already been taken to prevent an epidemic that no one knows for sure the severity of is unprecedented. 

No matter how we proceed... no matter the caution we exercise... no matter the time we allow to elapse before we allow schools to proceed with any sense of normalcy, there will be a huge spike in cases. As soon as classes begin, someone will test positive and an avalanche of tests among "exposed" students will show that many on each campus are CV-19 positive, though they display no symptoms, and the panic will begin anew. However we respond, I say lets get to it and figure out how to deal with it it a reasonable manner.

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Sept. 18th is first game I thought if we go with what they said last?

the BOC after a 23 minute meeting in executive session on the 8th decided to do nothing about setting a date to begin play.  The 18th is a potential fall back date to begin play IF the executive order is allowed to expire.  What was put out today by the TSSAA gives me the impression that the order is not going to be lifted or adjusted.  The numbers in Nashville and Memphis are just too high.