Trousdale County Football 2020

Creekbank76

22 minutes ago, crow said:

Seriously though I agree with you. I just don’t see that happening on a recommendation. 

I've heard schools would be sent tickets in advance. Divvied up to parents of players first then released to general public. This isn't any school in particular. Just friends I've made on the T telling me that a how their school is doing it 

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

I've heard schools would be sent tickets in advance. Divvied up to parents of players first then released to general public. This isn't any school in particular. Just friends I've made on the T telling me that a how their school is doing it 

I am going on pure speculation here but I bet us small schools go full bore.Cant make any money any other way.Refs I saw cost about 900 a night gosh we would go in the red.

20 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I am going on pure speculation here but I bet us small schools go full bore.Cant make any money any other way.Refs I saw cost about 900 a night gosh we would go in the red.

1/4-1/3 of your visitors seating would be about 7 people lol. Honestly I’m with you. If small schools cut seating to 1/4-1/3 a lot wouldn’t have enough visitors seating for parents let alone any fans. I’m betting they just let them in. Maybe set a max number that’s pretty much capacity anyway just for the sake of saying they did cap it. 

33 minutes ago, crow said:

1/4-1/3 of your visitors seating would be about 7 people lol. Honestly I’m with you. If small schools cut seating to 1/4-1/3 a lot wouldn’t have enough visitors seating for parents let alone any fans. I’m betting they just let them in. Maybe set a max number that’s pretty much capacity anyway just for the sake of saying they did cap it. 

Yeah, and what people are not taking in consideration Schools our size are going to lose 50 to 75 people regardless, cuz the people that are too scared to come out and there will be some.

34 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yeah, and what people are not taking in consideration Schools our size are going to lose 50 to 75 people regardless, cuz the people that are too scared to come out and there will be some.

I’ve considered that. A lot of folks just aren’t gonna show up I don’t think. Sitting here right now waiting for my granddaughter watching the boys get after it!

17 hours ago, orngnblk said:

This has to be a playoff figure where officials are paid mileage and aren't apart of the local association that services that school in the regular season. On Field Officials make $100 or$105 a game (I believe that's the number now, unless its changed in the last year or 2) and the official running the clock i think is at $75. In the playoffs, they get paid mileage for the distance from their home address to the school (not sure what that is but its minimal).

Now before you all go crazy and say they are making bank, consider a few things:

1) Scrimmages and pre-season meetings (7-8 hours worth) are freebies, unless a school is nice enough to give you a little gas money, which rarely happens

2) TSSAA plus Local Associate Dues before you can even step on the field are around $120-$130 a year.

3) Uniform/Equipment starter kit cost $150 and most officials will spend $70-$100 a year on new shoes, shirts, pants, hats, shorts, whistles, flags,  bean bags, watches, ready refs... 

...So before the season kicks off, any given official has probably worked 2-3 scrimmages/jamborees, attended free meetings and spent $200-$250+.

4) Officials are required (Pre-Covid conditions / this year may look different) to be onsite for a Varsity Game 2 hours prior to KO, and usually don't depart until 30-45 mins after the game. Onsite Time  = roughly 5 hours

My guess is the average travel time during the season is 30-45 mins but can get up to 1-2 hours one way. 

Also, alot of schools will provide a candy bar and a bottle of water, very few provide more than that. 

All in all, you are looking at 6+ hours of time spent for each official to ref your game for $100 ($16.66 an hr) all the while getting verbally abused by the likes of many reading this.  Each official knows the cost going into it and voluntarily does it for the love  of the game and seeing the kids play it. So next time you say he is doing it for the Money, remember these points. 

Yes i speak from experience, as i officiated 9 years and only got out when the little MVPs started arriving to this earth (5 years ago). The money isn't bad, but when you consider all the things above, it ain't great either. 

Sorry, long tangent there and rant over. #Voiceofthezebras

and FYI....if you stand with me at any ballgame, you will find me screaming at the stripes too, but when i do it, they screwed something up bad. Like with anything, there are good ones and there are bad ones and just like you and I, they can have off nights. They are human! Now rant over. :thumb: 

16 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

This has to be a playoff figure where officials are paid mileage and aren't apart of the local association that services that school in the regular season. On Field Officials make $100 or$105 a game (I believe that's the number now, unless its changed in the last year or 2) and the official running the clock i think is at $75. In the playoffs, they get paid mileage for the distance from their home address to the school (not sure what that is but its minimal).

Now before you all go crazy and say they are making bank, consider a few things:

1) Scrimmages and pre-season meetings (7-8 hours worth) are freebies, unless a school is nice enough to give you a little gas money, which rarely happens

2) TSSAA plus Local Associate Dues before you can even step on the field are around $120-$130 a year.

3) Uniform/Equipment starter kit cost $150 and most officials will spend $70-$100 a year on new shoes, shirts, pants, hats, shorts, whistles, flags,  bean bags, watches, ready refs... 

...So before the season kicks off, any given official has probably worked 2-3 scrimmages/jamborees, attended free meetings and spent $200-$250+.

4) Officials are required (Pre-Covid conditions / this year may look different) to be onsite for a Varsity Game 2 hours prior to KO, and usually don't depart until 30-45 mins after the game. Onsite Time  = roughly 5 hours

My guess is the average travel time during the season is 30-45 mins but can get up to 1-2 hours one way. 

Also, alot of schools will provide a candy bar and a bottle of water, very few provide more than that. 

All in all, you are looking at 6+ hours of time spent for each official to ref your game for $100 ($16.66 an hr) all the while getting verbally abused by the likes of many reading this.  Each official knows the cost going into it and voluntarily does it for the love  of the game and seeing the kids play it. So next time you say he is doing it for the Money, remember these points. 

Yes i speak from experience, as i officiated 9 years and only got out when the little MVPs started arriving to this earth (5 years ago). The money isn't bad, but when you consider all the things above, it ain't great either. 

and FYI....if you stand with me at any ballgame, you will find me screaming at the stripes too, but when i do it, they screwed something up bad. Like with anything, there are good ones and there are bad ones and just like you and I, they can have off nights. They are human! Now rant over. :thumb: 

Well thought out post. Look forward to seeing your breakdowns this year.

2 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

Bernard Childress, is that you? what a joke this is.... i assume you want me to give you a cookie too! No wonder TC is so good. This guy must call all their games....

• Upvote 1