Upperman vs. Cookeville 2020

ChineseFlu

Cookeville wins 28-0.   UHS came close to scoring on a fumble recovery but couldn’t punch it in with 4 chances from 1st and goal.  That is as close as they got all night.  Story of game is UHS couldn’t move the ball on offense and finished with 154 total yards.   Cookeville dominated on D but didn’t look great on O.  UHS couldn’t stop the run.  Cookeville sarting RB went down with a leg injury on first couple plays of game.  That was a big loss of speed.  But Sides had a monster game replacing him.

Stats:   http://chslivesports.com/

Baxter had a TD called back in the second quarter for targeting. This was right after Cookeville scored their first touchdown. 

I believe that score would of made a huge momentum boost for the Bees and this game probably would of been closer!!

Edited by H2Oman

10 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Baxter had a TD called back in the second quarter for targeting. This was right after Cookeville scored their first touchdown. 

I believe that score would of made a huge momentum boost for the Bees and this game probably would of been closer!!

He got got that play because of the block.  But at that point it would have for sure made the game closer.  They also had a terrible delay of game on the first and goal.  And I guess I could say the near safety was their closest chance of scoring.  But they had 154 totals and they couldn’t stop the run.  It’s hard to win games like that.

4 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

He got got that play because of the block.  But at that point it would have for sure made the game closer.  They also had a terrible delay of game on the first and goal.  And I guess I could say the near safety was their closest chance of scoring.  But they had 154 totals and they couldn’t stop the run.  It’s hard to win games like that.

True

Saw pictures from this game and looks like the mask mandate by the TSSAA was not followed by the student section and no social distancing going on.

How about the school administrators and community take it seriously so we can continue to have football through the fall?

You don’t have to live in fear of the virus but don’t be reckless about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crow6424 said:

Upperman will win some games. They have a lot of young talent. Cookeville is the better team this year. Upperman will compete with again next year.

True.  They have some players and will win some games.  A couple runs up the middle that went for 10 yds could have easily broke for 50+.  Cookeville tackled well.  Next year will be a better game. 

27 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Saw pictures from this game and looks like the mask mandate by the TSSAA was not followed by the student section and no social distancing going on.

How about the school administrators and community take it seriously so we can continue to have football through the fall?

You don’t have to live in fear of the virus but don’t be reckless about it.

Masks were worn entering the gate but not a lot were on in the stands on CHS side.  Can’t say about UHS side.   For sure our student section was not practicing social distancing or wearing masks.  Not sure how you enforce that at a home game that isn’t really at your stadium like UHS faced last night.  I guess we find out next week vs Livingston at Tech again.  

Upperman looked like an above average 3a team. Cookeville looked like an average 6a team. Same old song and dance upperman will probably get to 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. Cookeville will bow out in round 1. Cookeville struggled offensively when all Uppermans 1s were on the field. Alot of uhs kids play both ways thats why cookeville pulled away after the first quarter. They scored TDs with 5 and 6 subs on the field. Cookeville had to have this one. They will lose the next 2 if this series continues. 

9 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

You think a crack block on a defensive end 3 yards deep in the backfield rushing the qb sprung the screen play to the WR? If he could of stopped on a dime turned around and ran that receiver down without getting blocked you need to put that kid in the nfl right now. It was an illegal block and should of been flagged. However it had absolutely no bearing on the play. No way the kid that got cracked could of made the play. 

• Upvote 1