Teams limiting tickets

orngnblk

27 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

They didn’t give a limit to home or visitor, just 2000 including both.  They are HIGHLY recommending home buy their tickets during the week of the game.  I am assuming partially to get a better idea of how many visitors are allowed.  Other than big games, I think 2000 is quite a lot, especially what I see being allowed at other schools, but we do pack the house most of the time.  Trying to limiting the game time gate strictly to visitors only as well.  And of course follow social distancing guidelines as much as possible 

You will have a set amount for the visiting team.Most are at least guaranteeing players parents.The norm is at least 1/4 of total tickets.Or do like us and set NO limits!

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

You will have a set amount for the visiting team.Most are at least guaranteeing players parents.The norm is at least 1/4 of total tickets.Or do like us and set NO limits!

They haven’t stated it yet, but did say 1 more announcement coming about tickets so maybe.  Y’all DO have a visitor limit...it’s about 50 people lol, and that includes band and cheerleaders, but not because of COVID!

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

21 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

They haven’t stated it yet, but did say 1 more announcement coming about tickets so maybe.  Y’all DO have a visitor limit...it’s about 50 people lol, and that includes band and cheerleaders, but not because of COVID!

You would be correct.Although I think a little more than 50.lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

True I wish they would do something about it!! Build some more stands!! 

Enjoy the next week or two, boys. If schools fail to limit attendance and pack people in like sardines, cases will rise and football will be shut down faster than you can blink. I realize that no plan is foolproof, but I assure you that leaving a little breathing room and making some effort at distancing makes a difference. It's painful for everyone and we are all hungry for football. Maybe a few fist fights over people not wanting to wear masks will ease the sting a little. I just don't have much confidence that the full season gets played. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

58 minutes ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Enjoy the next week or two, boys. If schools fail to limit attendance and pack people in like sardines, cases will rise and football will be shut down faster than you can blink. I realize that no plan is foolproof, but I assure you that leaving a little breathing room and making some effort at distancing makes a difference. It's painful for everyone and we are all hungry for football. Maybe a few fist fights over people not wanting to wear masks will ease the sting a little. I just don't have much confidence that the full season gets played. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

If it’s “safe” to have hundreds of kids inside a school then how can it be worse outside? My point being yes cases will likely spike but I believe there would be a spike even if all sports were canceled completely with schools open. I don’t think going half in would be effective. By half in I mean limiting football attendance to a few hundred people spread out over more than an acre for a few hours wearing masks But then putting hundreds of students inside the same building all day 5 days a week. Not to mention the bus situation.  Just my thoughts on a very frustrating and difficult situation. 

BTW, the linked article addresses the social distancing plan for Oneida while Scott’s is still being developed. 

Edited by crow