Union City

Bellsburg2

6 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

So UC is now playing USJ?  I’ve seen so many possibilities since LC had to cancel.  If they get a win from the LC quarantine, and also play someone else and win, does that make them a true 2-0?  Or if they play someone else does it cancel out their COVID win?

Regular season games cancelled due to Covid are recorded as no contest. If it’s a playoff game the team that can’t play must forfeit. 

57 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

So UC is now playing USJ?  I’ve seen so many possibilities since LC had to cancel.  If they get a win from the LC quarantine, and also play someone else and win, does that make them a true 2-0?  Or if they play someone else does it cancel out their COVID win?

You dont get a win during reg season for cancellations only in playoffs.

6 hours ago, crow said:

Regular season games cancelled due to Covid are recorded as no contest. If it’s a playoff game the team that can’t play must forfeit. 

Region games would have to be considered a forfeit/win to get proper seeding for the playoffs. Right?

for instance.. Team A finishes 5-1 in region while team B finishes 4-1 but they beat the 5-1 team A in the season.  Team B never got to play team C region team because team C cancelled on them. Head to head could only count between A and B if they have the same record. In that situation team B that never cancelled a game would get screwed because team C cancelled. 

Edited by Pirate2003

7 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

From TSSAA

The board also tackled how to handle a COVID-19 breakout as it pertains to competition in both the regular and postseason. A regular-season game becomes a win for seeding purposes if the opposing team can’t play due to COVID-19, but the team struck with illness would receive neither a win nor a loss. If both teams confront outbreaks of the virus, it is considered a “no-contest.”

According to this, this game will go as a win for UC, and a no-contest for LC.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

USJ is not taking LC's spot. USJ is taking the place of one of the Memphis teams that cancelled because they are not playing at all. So there was no win for that game just an open spot which we have filled. Same with our game scheduled now with S. Fulton. It takes the place of the other Memphis school we had scheduled.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

UC had their week 1 and 2 games cancelled and has picked up USJ for week 2. I tried to start a conversation about our week 1 matchup, but the DII board is nothing but crickets. Can someone could tell me how the Tornadoes are shaping up this year?

That's really difficult to answer. We have a new coach this year and therefore some changes to the system. I like what I have seen in practice, but that's practice. Generally our number 1's vs our 2's and 3's so how true a picture am I really getting. Without the usual jamborees/scrimmages it's hard to know for sure, especially with a new coach.  I can say they have been working hard and are going to be ready to play. I have no doubt whoever we play will get a hard nosed, all out effort from 1st play to last, and that's all I can ask. How that translates in wins and losses we will just have to wait and see. And I am tired of waiting!

16 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You dont get a win during reg season for cancellations only in playoffs.

9 hours ago, LinemanRC said:

From TSSAA

The board also tackled how to handle a COVID-19 breakout as it pertains to competition in both the regular and postseason. A regular-season game becomes a win for seeding purposes if the opposing team can’t play due to COVID-19, but the team struck with illness would receive neither a win nor a loss. If both teams confront outbreaks of the virus, it is considered a “no-contest.”

According to this, this game will go as a win for UC, and a no-contest for LC.

So it’s a win for UC but only shows up as a win ONLY IF it becomes the difference for seeding purposes?  So UC could possibly end up with a  10 (+1) - 0 record since they picked up a game in place of the lost COVID game?  Assuming UC actually “plays” a 10 game schedule.  Maybe I’m looking into it too much.  Sorry.  Several folks keep asking me questions I don’t know the answers to so that’s why I’m asking so much.  Potentially UC could end up:

10 (+1) - 0 = 11-0 but COVID “win” isn’t really necessary

or

9 (+1) - 1 = 10-1 for seeding purposes

or

9 (+1) - 0 = 10-0 for seeding purposes

Just looking at several what-ifs and how they could potentially help or hinder a team come playoff time

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

38 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

So it’s a win for UC but only shows up as a win ONLY IF it becomes the difference for seeding purposes?  So UC could possibly end up with a  10 (+1) - 0 record since they picked up a game in place of the lost COVID game?  Assuming UC actually “plays” a 10 game schedule.  Maybe I’m looking into it too much.  Sorry.  Several folks keep asking me questions I don’t know the answers to so that’s why I’m asking so much.  Potentially UC could end up:

10 (+1) - 0 = 11-0 but COVID “win” isn’t really necessary

or

9 (+1) - 1 = 10-1 for seeding purposes

or

9 (+1) - 0 = 10-0 for seeding purposes

Just looking at several what-ifs and how they could potentially help or hinder a team come playoff time

The verbiage is a little ambiguous, but I think it goes down as a win regardless of whether there would actually be a tiebreaker circumstance where this (non region) game would have any bearing on playoff seeding. Not sure though. 
     But Union City has not found a replacement game for Lake County, and likely won’t at this late hour. The USJ and South Fulton games are replacements for two Memphis teams later on the schedule.

1 hour ago, LinemanRC said:

The verbiage is a little ambiguous, but I think it goes down as a win regardless of whether there would actually be a tiebreaker circumstance where this (non region) game would have any bearing on playoff seeding. Not sure though. 
     But Union City has not found a replacement game for Lake County, and likely won’t at this late hour. The USJ and South Fulton games are replacements for two Memphis teams later on the schedule.

Oh ok now I understand the replacement gAmes reasoning.