2A State Runner up travels to Greenback to take on the 1A State Runner up

orngnblk

2 minutes ago, powerp said:

Two very different teams from the past years but similar this year since they both have good lines. I give Meigs the edge with their qb being older.

First scrimmages are tough on small schools.We had alot of beat up kids last night.A team like Loudon first after no contact hardly at all and a team like ours will take a few weeks to get healthy again.Our 42 man roster has 20 freshman in it.We may not get our legs until game 4 or 5.We had alot of banged up starters.Our line play in the first quarter was pretty impressive but when you win the trench war for big first downs and turn the ball over it can get you down a little but we are young and with a year like this it was expected.We will learn from it and improve.This week may not be very productive if we dont get some kids walking straight up agains.They really should have allowed more time for contact and at least 1 game type scrimmage.This is gonna be a hard year for alot of teams.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

First scrimmages are tough on small schools.We had alot of beat up kids last night.A team like Loudon first after no contact hardly at all and a team like ours will take a few weeks to get healthy again.Our 42 man roster has 20 freshman in it.We may not get our legs until game 4 or 5.We had alot of banged up starters.Our line play in the first quarter was pretty impressive but when you win the trench war for big first downs and turn the ball over it can get you down a little but we are young and with a year like this it was expected.We will learn from it and improve.This week may not be very productive if we dont get some kids walking straight up agains.They really should have allowed more time for contact and at least 1 game type scrimmage.This is gonna be a hard year for alot of teams.

Should be a good game. Most likely the same type of game we had last year. Still dont know alot about our team. Playing Sweetwater last night was like playing you all last year. They had a really good passing attack. I know you all are a run team this year. Hopefully we will have success slowing down your deer.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Should be a good game. Most likely the same type of game we had last year. Still dont know alot about our team. Playing Sweetwater last night was like playing you all last year. They had a really good passing attack. I know you all are a run team this year. Hopefully we will have success slowing down your deer.

We have a good line a good skill players have to figure out how to get them the ball.Team has  ton of potential,a ton.We are just too young right now at key positions and we have to heal up for region play.We may have to limit some big time players Fri 

Just now, piratetom said:

This will be a good time . I may just come up for this one since the Pirates are playing Grundy County. 

One of the few away games that i wont worry about getting a ticket for. They arent limiting capacity from what I've read on here.

Just now, orngnblk said:

We have a good line a good skill players have to figure out how to get them the ball.Team has  ton of potential,a ton.We are just too young right now at key positions and we have to heal up for region play.We may have to limit some big time players Fri 

Our line was much better game one this year compared to game one last year. I'm sure Sweetwaters line isnt as good as yours but our men did a good job last night in that aspect as far as being game ready. Hopefully we will improve even more this week. Our runners gonna have slim pickings as far as finding holes in your line I bet. Maybe we can get in a pass or two to open it up some.

8 minutes ago, piratetom said:

This will be a good time . I may just come up for this one since the Pirates are playing Grundy County. 

Our game against them last year was a great game to see for sure. Greenback improved alot last year from game one against Loudon to the next week when they played us. I just hope we keep improving in that manner as well. A few weaknesses exposed last night for us. But also some strengths were found out as well.

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

Come on guys y’all know this game won’t be nothing like it was last year. Wishful thinking I know. Everyone wants to see those type of games but I think Meigs pulls this one out hands down.

Greenback isnt a team you overlook. Look at their record the last few years it speaks for itself. They lost to Loudon as bad as they did this year and made it to the state game. They wont quit but neither will we.

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Greenback isnt a team you overlook. Look at their record the last few years it speaks for itself. They lost to Loudon as bad as they did this year and made it to the state game. They wont quit but neither will we.

I know they lost Willis what about that smaller kid with long hair? I think he was #20. Really good ball player! And what about the QB from last year I thought he was a sophomore?