2A State Runner up travels to Greenback to take on the 1A State Runner up

orngnblk

8 hours ago, team69 said:

Miegs will come out wondering whats all them trucks doing parked around the field. By the time the visitors find a seat GB will go up 7. It will be back and forth but GB gets revenge from last year....26 to 19

We will see, if we can slow down their deer we will have a chance.

Edited by Imthayeti

I would love to see this game as well @piratetom.   I skipped our Grundy game last year to travel and catch this contest at Meigs last season.  As of now,  I'm undecided as to where I'll be Friday night, as I hate to miss a home game, especially the season opener,  regardless of who we are playing.

Anyway, I'm thinking along the lines as @vandyfan1 in seeing Meigs as the team to beat in this one and thinking they will do so quiet handily.  Not as bad perhaps as Loudon but by a couple or so scores.  

Also, @team69 brings up a good point about the mystique that surrounds the confines of the Greenback School.  The Tribe of Many Nations has been known to  pull a rabbit out of the hat so to speak and crush dreams while doing so.  Just don't look these trucks in the eye and maybe, just maybe, they won't spit Beechnut baccer in yours.  :)

Edited by Southtowner

1 hour ago, TheCommander said:

I respect Greenback and I think they will be a good football team in 1a ball this year just like always, but I’m not so sure if they will be able to pull off a win here I’m going with Meigs County pretty handily here by three or four scores I’m going to say 35-14!

Gonna be hard but we will give the old college try!Not much too talk about on our side.Didnt learn a whole lot this last game except we are young.Need field time.Going on vac will be reading when I can.I get grounded when on vac.lol

2 hours ago, TheCommander said:

I respect Greenback and I think they will be a good football team in 1a ball this year just like always, but I’m not so sure if they will be able to pull off a win here I’m going with Meigs County pretty handily here by three or four scores I’m going to say 35-14!

They would be a good team in 2A too! Not much difference or any in 1 or 2A

1 minute ago, crow said:

Just watched your Sweetwater game. Y’all looked pretty dang good to me. 

Appreciate that, not sure if your serious or not lol. We had alot of younger players that had to step up and play maybe before their time. But what I from seen our game tells me we have pretty good depth at key positions. Alot to brag on but I'll just say I'm really proud of them all to step up and play the way they did considering the unknowns. I thought Sweetwater looked better than last year personally. I will say our qb seems to be a smaller version of Swafford. He showed great ability in the game I thought. 

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Appreciate that, not sure if your serious or not lol. We had alot of younger players that had to step up and play maybe before their time. But what I from seen our game tells me we have pretty good depth at key positions. Alot to brag on but I'll just say I'm really proud of them all to step up and play the way they did considering the unknowns. I thought Sweetwater looked better than last year personally. I will say our qb seems to be a smaller version of Swafford. He showed great ability in the game I thought. 

I’m serious. Thought y’all looked good. I agree Sweetwater looked better also. The QB did a very good job and showed good speed. I might not quite compare to swafford only because of the always fall forward ability swafford had but overall a very good showing I would say.