William Blount vs. Oliver Springs

Red Rebels

3 minutes ago, DragonVol said:

How is the QB at Oliver Springs?

He is decent but inexperienced. Accurate with throws but no chance to build confidence Hard to get better when they dont really throw the ball much. Good group of running backs and a few young receivers. The online and d line are good sized and play well together and are battle tested from last year. Lb play is good tough couple kids, secondary is young and inexperienced there is talent there but need game time work. Could contend for second in the region with coalfield. 

Just now, bfl96 said:

He is decent but inexperienced. Accurate with throws but no chance to build confidence Hard to get better when they dont really throw the ball much. Good group of running backs and a few young receivers. The online and d line are good sized and play well together and are battle tested from last year. Lb play is good tough couple kids, secondary is young and inexperienced there is talent there but need game time work. Could contend for second in the region with coalfield. 

Good post,nice to hear from someone who knows them.

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Good post,nice to hear from someone who knows them.

I'm looking forward to the game tonight. Hearing that your playing a 6a team at the last second is intimidating at best. The response tonight will tell me alot about this young team. I think we can keep it close but coverage will have to make strides during the game and the play book should be opened up a little to see how you do against a quality opponent.  With greenback looming in a few weeks need to work the kinks out against teams like william blount and rockwood to have any chance in the region games against greenback and coalfield

6 minutes ago, bfl96 said:

I'm looking forward to the game tonight. Hearing that your playing a 6a team at the last second is intimidating at best. The response tonight will tell me alot about this young team. I think we can keep it close but coverage will have to make strides during the game and the play book should be opened up a little to see how you do against a quality opponent.  With greenback looming in a few weeks need to work the kinks out against teams like william blount and rockwood to have any chance in the region games against greenback and coalfield

I think CF and us are feeling the same way.Alot of young teams this year.Im thinking you all may be better than some think.

33 minutes ago, bfl96 said:

They had 10 attempts against us on a very wet night. Hard to judge his accuracy on a night like that because of conditions but he seemed to run the offense well. A pass heavy team will hurt OS bad until they get more experience but they do have at least one senior back there I believe in #2. The line is their strength. Like us that night the play calling was very basic and field was really wet contributing to sloppy ball handling on both sides. Overall I can see OS competing for second and depending on how Greenback comes together that could be a really good game. 

6 minutes ago, crow said:

They had 10 attempts against us on a very wet night. Hard to judge his accuracy on a night like that because of conditions but he seemed to run the offense well. A pass heavy team will hurt OS bad until they get more experience but they do have at least one senior back there I believe in #2. The line is their strength. Like us that night the play calling was very basic and field was really wet contributing to sloppy ball handling on both sides. Overall I can see OS competing for second and depending on how Greenback comes together that could be a really good game. 

Agree 100%

37 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your totally right Willie. Maybe not time but possibly a position that someone else has a lock on and long as Shad is coach and made his mind up that's how it will be.  Good luck tonight with Oliver Springs.

Do coaches not decide who is playing certain positions on every other team? Only WB?