Dresden @ Lake Co

mrbigster

I really don’t know what to make of this game?? Either Dresden is much improved or single A is wide open?? Donkey never made an appearance and might not this year? Who knows it was game 1! We got extremely conservative but I dunno? Like 20 penalties to 4 was the last I heard! Our line needs some major work! I’m not really sure what to think and I’m glad we got out with a win! Nowhere near last year’s team!

Just now, shockernation said:

I really don’t know what to make of this game?? Either Dresden is much improved or single A is wide open?? Donkey never made an appearance and might not this year? Who knows it was game 1! We got extremely conservative but I dunno? Like 20 penalties to 4 was the last I heard! Our line needs some major work! I’m not really sure what to think and I’m glad we got out with a win! Nowhere near last year’s team!

No way should we try and compare this years team to last years. We are starting a bunch of young kids. LC will get better with time. Got the first win and a region win. In no way is this team a top 5 in the state right now. To many penalties and no flow on offense. The defense played well. I don't know if Dresden is improved or what. I hope the coaches hit the ground running this week and LC plays alot better next week on offense. Clean up the penalties. The young line has got to learn to stay on their blocks. LC got very conservative on both sides of the ball in the 2nd half. They must learn to finish teams when the opportunity presents itself. Congratulations to Coach Quinn getting his first win.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

1st game.Both teams have work to do.I notice Hunt had a tough game with Bruceton and thought West Carrol would beat Humboldt by a larger score

We had a similar problem to y'all so many penalties.. seemingly on one side. I was not there so I can't speak from first-hand experience. 

1 hour ago, shockernation said:

Single A is wide open....in the west anyway

17 hours ago, shockernation said:

Donkey up boys! Fixing to head that way and fire up the grill....woohoo let’s get this party started! The Quinn era begins...anyone remember the old coaches name?

Wow. Listen, I know exactly who you are & you probably know exactly who I am. I happen to know directly from Coach Puckett’s family, that you were one of the few who actually went out of your way to be kind to Puckett, who absolutely deserves to be named for thousands of reasons. Don’t you dare try to minimize what that man & his coaching staff did to change the culture of LC football, NOT to mention, but MOST importantly many young men’s lives! You know better than to get on this public forum & try to take away from all Coach Puckett gave during his tenure at LC. Did you ever take the time to have a conversation with Coach Puckett about the reasons behind his decision to leave? Of course you didn’t. The true testimony to everything Puckett did in LC does not only lie in that gold ball sitting in the trophy case, but most importantly in the young men he molded who still go above & beyond to support him & be a part of his life. I was protective of my son on the Westview thread, & if you thought for one second I wasn’t going to call you out on your stupidity with these comments, you are sadly mistaken. My children are not the only ones I’m fiercely protective of. Coach Puckett’s name will be remembered in Lake County long after your name has been forgotten sir. Any of you that have negativity to put out there about Coach Puckett, should stop yourself & truly think about the 7 wonderful years he & his family gave to the LC community & football program. Coach Puckett has already developed a great relationship with coach Quinn, & of course Coach Quinn is starting a new era, which he deserves to be celebrated for, but under no circumstances should Coach Puckett ever be forgotten or spoke about in the manner that you chose. Instead of posting more negative comments how about you celebrate the win & the job Coach Quinn is doing with the team, I know Coach Puckett & his family were celebrating LC last night after Shelbyville’s big win at home. Words matter Reed & you should choose yours more wisely.

Edited by mamabear37