Moore Co @ Cornersville

30 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

I think he was referring to nastiest defense he has seen at Moore Co. I am not going to get in a pissing match with yall, looks like yall have enough fun with that with the general.We will strap up and see who is best on Friday. I can assure you, you have not seen a group come from the Holler as good as this group in years. This group also remembers the game you guys insisted we play their freshman year in the flood. I believe we had somewhat of a passing game then as well. But again nothing like what you will see this year 

Maybe we can have a beer in the parking lot with them after the game. Or before. 

20 minutes ago, Salem said:

That defense gave up 20 to Community in Game 1 (but it does sound good to say they didn't allow a point as long as no one checks it) . Moore County held them to 8 last week. 

So we are comparing a defense from two years ago that gave up 20 to a community team to a MC team that held them to 8 this year. I know someone else brought up the defense from two years ago from Cornersville first and yada yada yada. That was a great team that did go on to have a VERY impressive shut out streak and bring home a 2nd consecutive silver ball. That being said, that was then and this is now and I can tell you from watching MC last year as a young bunch, they have talent. I was very worried about what a new coach would bring to the table with that group and it looks like it was warranted. I will also say I like what I see in the bulldogs this season compared to last. This has the makings for a VERY good, fun to watch ball game. Sonny Moore says Bulldogs by 10ish. If games were played on paper, I would feel great, but they aren't as we all know and we all know anything can happen.

3 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

So we are comparing a defense from two years ago that gave up 20 to a community team to a MC team that held them to 8 this year. I know someone else brought up the defense from two years ago from Cornersville first and yada yada yada. That was a great team that did go on to have a VERY impressive shut out streak and bring home a 2nd consecutive silver ball. That being said, that was then and this is now and I can tell you from watching MC last year as a young bunch, they have talent. I was very worried about what a new coach would bring to the table with that group and it looks like it was warranted. I will also say I like what I see in the bulldogs this season compared to last. This has the makings for a VERY good, fun to watch ball game. Sonny Moore says Bulldogs by 10ish. If games were played on paper, I would feel great, but they aren't as we all know and we all know anything can happen.

Agreed except for the Bulldogs by 10. But we’ll see. Should be good. 

2 hours ago, Oleskooly said:

Not good. Moore County has put in a new offense and it was their first live action. MC has the nastiest defense I’ve seen in years. They should get even better with experience. 

Just lookin at some online highlights. Love the new MC offense. Several skill guys stand out and the QB is dual threat. Wayne Co had a similar style that gave Cornersville defense fits a few years ago. Defense looks like a 4-3 with really aggressive linebackers and safeties. Much better IMO than the 3-5 everyone Is running now and letting QB’s have all day to throw the ball. Lots of good games this week and this should be one of the best. 

The entire post was quoted. The gentleman from Moore Co and myself were having a discussion about their 2020 squad and a Cornersville yahoo wants to chime in about a dawg defense from years ago. The post was irrelevant and factually inaccurate (I wouldn't expect anything less). No the great 2018 defense did not hold their first 11 opponents scoreless. I pointed out they gave up 20 to Community in the season opener. The same Community team that pounded them at home the following year scoring 20 more points. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

The entire post was quoted. The gentleman from Moore Co and myself were having a discussion about their 2020 squad and a Cornersville yahoo wants to chime in about a dawg defense from years ago. The post was irrelevant and factually inaccurate (I wouldn't expect anything less). No the great 2018 defense did not hold their first 11 opponents scoreless. I pointed out they gave up 20 to Community in the season opener. The same Community team that pounded them at home the following year scoring 20 more points. 

No sir, you did not quote my entire post, hence my commenting on the ridiculing of it. Can't disagree with you on the mistaken "1st 11 games" part. Community did score 20 points in that game two years ago on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string players. I also wouldn't call last season a "pounding" only losing by 3 points. Unless of course you are talking about it being a loss to Community, then I guess. To correct the concern, in 2018, the bulldogs gave up 20 in week one, then 0 for the next 10 weeks. Wayne County in round two of the playoffs that year broke the streak by scoring 26. Again, neither here nor there as that was 2018 and this is 2020.