EAGLEVILLE AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

2018- this one hurt the worst:

https://www.marshalltribune.com/story/2549164.html

Forrest outgained Eagleville 328 to 185, but had potential scoring drives halted by two fumbles, an interception, and one stopped on downs at the Eagleville 4-yard line.

“Those were crucial penalties and turnovers and we have to get them fixed,” Stephenson said. “Eagleville is a really good football team, they came out focused and I think they had a chip on their shoulder from the Cornersville loss.”

Eagleville played flawless with no turnovers and zero penalty yardage.

Remaining games for Rockets after Friday:
Lawrence, Cascade, Moore
Summertown, Lewis, Loretto, Community

If Rockets win, they will be 2-1 and will have a chance to win 5-6 more. I havent decided how good Summertown is yet but I do not think Forrest wins at Lewis. If they won all but Lewis they'd finish 8-2 and be the 2 seed. 

If Rockets lose, they will be 1-2, and will likely lose 4 more, finish 5-6 and be the 4 seed, as in no playoffs. Loretto and Cascade games would not be gimmes. Community is a gimme. So you could be looking at a potential 2-8 season if the wheels fall off. 

This game is THAT important.   

18 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest has won 5 of the last 8 vs Eagles. Eagles' 3 wins during that span are by a total of 9 points. 

2013- Eagleville 10-3, Forrest goes 8-4, loses in Rd 2 at Adamsville after beating Riverside at home Rd 1
Other losses were to Cascade, Page

2014- Forrest 21-7, Forrest goes 7-4, loses in Rd 1 at home to Riverside
Other losses were to Lauderdale Co (AL), Page, Huntland

2015- Forrest 49-13, Forrest goes 10-2, loses in Rd 2 at home to Marion after beating Bledsoe at home Rd 1
Other loss was Page

2016- Forrest 39-14, Forrest goes 11-2, loses in R3 at home to Marion after beating Tyner (Rd 1) and Meigs (Rd 2)
Other loss was Jackson Co

2017- Eagleville 21-20, Forrest goes 4-7, loses in Rd 1 at Waverly
Other losses were BGA, Fayetteville, Columbia Academy, Watertown, Lewis

2018- Eagleville 14-13, Forrest goes 5-6, loses in Rd 1 at Waverly
Other losses were BGA, Columbia Academy, Watertown, Lewis

2019- Forrest 28-7, reg season, Forrest 32-6 Rd 2 of playoffs. Forrest goes 12-1, losing to Riverside in Rd 3. Also beat Hickman Co (Rd 1) 

It's not exact, and someone else can do the Eagleville records, but I know in 2013 they played Adamsville Rd 3 and lost at home when their best back got injured early. The Forrest - Eagleville winner seems to go on and have a good season. It's very tough to recover for the team losing this game. Forrest had a bazillion chances to win all 3 games it lost in this span. Only 2013 did I feel Eagleville was better. They were very strong defensively that year.  

Really good post.