2A Yeti poll

Yeti

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

All are great posts, great ideas, but let’s be real. It’s way too early to know where anyone stands as far as polls and comparison. I mean teams didn’t even scrimmage before game 1. It’s going to take about 5 games or more to really see where the dust settles. 

Definitely no definites in this bud, This is just for fun and always good conversation piece.

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

Time will tell. I believe they play this week and I’m betting the one extra game that Bledsoe has gotten to play this year will get them the W.

Bledsoe is well coached and has some tough kids.  No scrimmages, 7 v 7, and one less game with a new QB could tilt this towards the Pikeville boys.  I think Tyner has enough better athletes  and Jeremiah Sawyer should be the difference maker.  Could be a real defensive battle as I think Tyner's defense will do very well against teams that can't throw the ball all over the field.

Tyner's new kicker showed better than I anticipated with 6 for 6 XP, solid kickoffs and punts the ball pretty well too.  A big special teams play from either team could be the difference.  Doubt that any of the region 3 challengers can beat H2O or TC but I think they are equal to or better than the rest of region 4.  In the end one or two of Tyner, Bledsoe, Marion  could be in bottom half of 2A top ten but it is a stretch to think they are any higher than that.

Edited by Ram4Life

1 hour ago, Ram4Life said:

Bledsoe is well coached and has some tough kids.  No scrimmages, 7 v 7, and one less game with a new QB could tilt this towards the Pikeville boys.  I think Tyner has enough better athletes  and Jeremiah Sawyer should be the difference maker.  Could be a real defensive battle as I think Tyner's defense will do very well against teams that can't throw the ball all over the field.

Tyner's new kicker showed better than I anticipated with 6 for 6 XP, solid kickoffs and punts the ball pretty well too.  A big special teams play from either team could be the difference.  Doubt that any of the region 3 challengers can beat H2O or TC but I think they are equal to or better than the rest of region 4.  In the end one or two of Tyner, Bledsoe, Marion  could be in bottom half of 2A top ten but it is a stretch to think they are any higher than that.

I haven't seen either team but if I was a betting man I would go with Tyner by 2+ scores. It may be a good ballgame in the first half but I see Tyner pulling away in the 2nd.

Just now, PurplePower68 said:

I haven't seen either team but if I was a betting man I would go with Tyner by 2+ scores. It may be a good ballgame in the first half but I see Tyner pulling away in the 2nd.

It was a pretty good game last year but Tyner pulled away in the 4th. Qas alot closer than people thought it would be.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

It was a pretty good game last year but Tyner pulled away in the 4th. Qas alot closer than people thought it would be.

That's why I'm going with the Tyner. Going to be a humid night more than likely and it's gonna be tough chasing those Rams around for 4 qtrs. I think Sawyer is the difference at the end.