Hickman vs Waverly

Wavo2004

3 hours ago, Swarm said:

Is this DC new? 

I haven't seen a very competitive HC team since 2014. 

This is his first year at HC. He has coached for several years in Lewis Co in several different roles. He was an assistant at the high school then the head Jr High Coach where he only lost a few games in 5 or 6 years. He's very organized and prepared.

2 hours ago, ddaddy said:

This is his first year at HC. He has coached for several years in Lewis Co in several different roles. He was an assistant at the high school then the head Jr High Coach where he only lost a few games in 5 or 6 years. He's very organized and prepared.

Sounds like the right kind of man. I wish them luck. 

Last week Waverly showed a lack of heart and motivation.  From what I can tell, they are not a team and just don't really care.  I guess we will see this week.  It would be nice if this team can rebound and get together.  Waverly is young and still growing.  Hopefully teamwork and heart will grow with them.  I am a fan of Waverly and bleed blue.  After last week, I can't say I think they will win.  I hope I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, MannBlue said:

Last week Waverly showed a lack of heart and motivation.  From what I can tell, they are not a team and just don't really care.  I guess we will see this week.  It would be nice if this team can rebound and get together.  Waverly is young and still growing.  Hopefully teamwork and heart will grow with them.  I am a fan of Waverly and bleed blue.  After last week, I can't say I think they will win.  I hope I'm wrong.

I hope your wrong. I think they just had a bad game hopefully. Maybe a good kick in the butt is what they needed to get kicked off their pedestal. I know the Camden/McConnell butt whippin game meant a lot to the team. Almost too much. They forgot to show up. Looking for Hickman to be better than they have the last several years. Hoping Waverly has put all their marbles back in the jar and are ready to play like they did week 1.

7 hours ago, ddaddy said:

He’s a stand up guy! Great for the kids! But I’m not sure he’s a great football coach. Facts are he has a lot of experience but he hasn’t won a whole lot. I hope that rings true Friday! 

18 hours ago, ddaddy said:

head Jr High Coach where he only lost a few games in 5 or 6 years. He's very organized and prepared.

10 hours ago, JumboTron said:

But I’m not sure he’s a great football coach. Facts are he has a lot of experience but he hasn’t won a whole lot. 

How much more does he need to win? He lost a handful of games in 6 years. The most knowledgeable poster from the area says he's organized and prepared.  Considering where he went it sounds like a good hire. 

• Upvote 1