South Gibson vs Milan week 3

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Does Milan get a first win on the new field?  Can the Hornuts pull of the upset?? This will be a good game. Wouldn’t expect anything less. 

What kind of trash post is this..... Upset? are you serious right now? HAHAHH!!!   Drinking that purple colored water bowl again...  

Come on man get real.... This would be an upset? I am going to report this post for pure garbage because that is what this post is and the poster. GARBAGE! 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, on to my real thoughts about the game. I had to let the BIGPURPLEDOGTURD know that he is not going to sling his weight around. " pun intended " on this forum without some backlash from the ole MoM! 

This has the makings to be another classic. These 2 teams have really played some classics over the years. Milan has a big lead in the all time score. ( i think it is 7-3 Milan ) These 2 teams have played some absolute slug fests over the years. The all time contest was at the Hornets nest when the SGC receiver caught a ball in the end zone to win the game and the official called it and interception!!!! What a hack!!! I was a catch!!! It was a catch!!! I was a catch!!!  

Official must have some money on the game because that would have been a huge upset that year!

The town of Milan has shown by its commitment to the VERY expensive new stadium that they are committed to having a winning football program. I have not seen the stadium in person yet but, everything that I am hearing is that it is top notch! Milan also, has hired one heck of a ball coach. I don't know if it is going to happen this year or when but, I believe he is going to win a bunch of games for the ole dawgs... 

Now, for my might Hornets. We have the longest tenured coach in the league. Coach Stidham berthed the program. He, as a coach has grown and learned how to win in this league. We have a VERY young football team. Only 8 seniors. Last year we graduated 22. We have super shifty QB that can move side to side, throw it well, and is pretty dang fast in the open field. We have bruiser running the ball and some slots that can move as well. We also have a pretty solid D. I honestly, like our chances. I really do not see this being a blow out. Either side. 

I think whoever can limit their mistakes and take care of the football has the best chance of winning the contest. 

I 100 percent do not think that Milan is " favored " to win the game. + or - 7 points. 

Long week till Friday!

GO HORNETS!!!! 

Edited by ManOfMillions

7 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

What kind of trash post is this..... Upset? are you serious right now? HAHAHH!!!   Drinking that purple colored water bowl again...  

Come on man get real.... This would be an upset? I am going to report this post for pure garbage because that is what this post is and the poster. GARBAGE! 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, on to my real thoughts about the game. I had to let the BIGPURPLEDOGTURD know that he is not going to sling his weight around. " pun intended " on this forum without some backlash from the ole MoM! 

This has the makings to be another classic. These 2 teams have really played some classics over the years. Milan has a big lead in the all time score. ( i think it is 7-3 Milan ) These 2 teams have played some absolute slug fests over the years. The all time contest was at the Hornets nest when the SGC receiver caught a ball in the end zone to win the game and the official called it and interception!!!! What a hack!!! I was a catch!!! It was a catch!!! I was a catch!!!  

Official must have some money on the game because that would have been a huge upset that year!

The town of Milan has shown by its commitment to the VERY expensive new stadium that they are committed to having a winning football program. I have not seen the stadium in person yet but, everything that I am hearing is that it is top notch! Milan also, has hired one heck of a ball coach. I don't know if it is going to happen this year or when but, I believe he is going to win a bunch of games for the ole dawgs... 

Now, for my might Hornets. We have the longest tenured coach in the league. Coach Stidham berthed the program. He, as a coach has grown and learned how to win in this league. We have a VERY young football team. Only 8 seniors. Last year we graduated 22. We have super shifty QB that can move side to side, throw it well, and is pretty dang fast in the open field. We have bruiser running the ball and some slots that can move as well. We also have a pretty solid D. I honestly, like our chances. I really do not see this being a blow out. Either side. 

I think whoever can limit their mistakes and take care of the football has the best chance of winning the contest. 

I 100 percent do not think that Milan is " favored " to win the game. + or - 7 points. 

Long week till Friday!

GO HORNETS!!!! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVJK4iNMhBbu1dT_A7Ur9

Ok Mom. You say Milan is definitely not favored. I want to hear your logic?  You said it yourself, y’all only have 8 seniors after graduating 22. We bring back the house plus some key additions. This game was close last year at yalls place but it’s at the pound this year. If we aren’t favored than that must mean you guys are right?  I mean someone has to be. I wanna hear your logic. 

8 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Ok Mom. You say Milan is definitely not favored. I want to hear your logic?  You said it yourself, y’all only have 8 seniors after graduating 22. We bring back the house plus some key additions. This game was close last year at yalls place but it’s at the pound this year. If we aren’t favored than that must mean you guys are right?  I mean someone has to be. I wanna hear your logic. 

First, Milan has a whole new coaching staff. All the kids are that are returning have had to learn on the fly. No scrimmages, no jamboree, not much of in game playing experience for the kids having to learn a completely new system on both sides of the ball. This will be only the 2nd time the kids are taking the field against a real opponent. 

Also, Trenton left a mark on how to move the ball against the defense. 

Also, If this was week 5 or later I would think differently. 

We can talk about it all we want the kids have to go on the field and decide who the winner is. 

I enjoy seeing y'all go at it in these Milan vs. SGC threads. It's always Big Purple Dude versus Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Of course I figure that y'all probably get together after the game and go out for some BBQ. That is, if you can find any good BBQ that far away from Tipton County. We do have the best in that department.

4 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I enjoy seeing y'all go at it in these Milan vs. SGC threads. It's always Big Purple Dude versus Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Of course I figure that y'all probably get together after the game and go out for some BBQ. That is, if you can find any good BBQ that far away from Tipton County. We do have the best in that department.

Three things. First, we don’t go at it. He’s not on my level. I run the “message board” clock on that big sissy every year.  Two, yes we are actually really good friends but he is still a sissy. And three, I lived in Memphis for a good period of time. I’ve had lots of BBQ. Memphis BBQ Co in Horn Lake is the best. Owned by 6 time Memphis in May world champion Melissa Cookston. She is a regular judge on the travel channel show “BBQ Pit Masters”. You should try it sometime.