South Gibson vs Milan week 3

6 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I enjoy seeing y'all go at it in these Milan vs. SGC threads. It's always Big Purple Dude versus Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Of course I figure that y'all probably get together after the game and go out for some BBQ. That is, if you can find any good BBQ that far away from Tipton County. We do have the best in that department.

Right on, right on, You have pegged pretty close. BPM, believe it or not is actually a really good guy. You wouldn't know it by the garbage he spews out of his hairy, floppy lips... But he really is. He also knows literally everyone. 

He has hook me up, and straightened my out a few times. 

40 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

First, Milan has a whole new coaching staff. All the kids are that are returning have had to learn on the fly. No scrimmages, no jamboree, not much of in game playing experience for the kids having to learn a completely new system on both sides of the ball. This will be only the 2nd time the kids are taking the field against a real opponent. 

Also, Trenton left a mark on how to move the ball against the defense. 

Also, If this was week 5 or later I would think differently. 

We can talk about it all we want the kids have to go on the field and decide who the winner is. 

One, the coaching staff was a major upgrade. Yes it is a new system but considering the old system was basically to draw up some stuff in the dirt before the game and try to run it I’ll take the new system. Second, what Peabody exposed against us they will expose against every team they play. Their line play is that good. We shut their offense down til the 3rd quarter. We will do that to a lot of teams. Also, I agree with you on the week 5 comment..... sissy. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Right on, right on, You have pegged pretty close. BPM, believe it or not is actually a really good guy. You wouldn't know it by the garbage he spews out of his hairy, floppy lips... But he really is. He also knows literally everyone. 

He has hook me up, and straightened my out a few times. 

:)

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Three things. First, we don’t go at it. He’s not on my level. I run the “message board” clock on that big sissy every year.  Two, yes we are actually really good friends but he is still a sissy. And three, I lived in Memphis for a good period of time. I’ve had lots of BBQ. Memphis BBQ Co in Horn Lake is the best. Owned by 6 time Memphis in May world champion Melissa Cookston. She is a regular judge on the travel channel show “BBQ Pit Masters”. You should try it sometime. 

I've been there (Memphis BBQ Co). The last visit was 3 days before I got Covid-19 on June 16. I'm not saying I caught it there, but I have to wonder.

Their food is good, but for the real authentic BBQ you have to visit Bozo's in Mason, TN, established in 1923.  This one is about 5 miles from my house. Bozo the Clown sued this place back in the 1980's, claiming they used his name. The case went all the way to the US Supreme Court, and Bozo's restaurant won, proving their prior claim to the name. Bozo's is famous all across the country. They collected depositions nationwide to prove their court case.

12 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I've been there (Memphis BBQ Co). The last visit was 3 days before I got Covid-19 on June 16. I'm not saying I caught it there, but I have to wonder.

Their food is good, but for the real authentic BBQ you have to visit Bozo's in Mason, TN, established in 1923.  This one is about 5 miles from my house. Bozo the Clown sued this place back in the 1980's, claiming they used his name. The case went all the way to the US Supreme Court, and Bozo's restaurant won, proving their prior claim to the name. Bozo's is famous all across the country. They collected depositions nationwide to prove their court case.

Only thing I have ate in Mason is Gus’s. I will have to try Bozo’s. I have heard a lot about it. 

29 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Three things. First, we don’t go at it. He’s not on my level. I run the “message board” clock on that big sissy every year.  Two, yes we are actually really good friends but he is still a sissy. And three, I lived in Memphis for a good period of time. I’ve had lots of BBQ. Memphis BBQ Co in Horn Lake is the best. Owned by 6 time Memphis in May world champion Melissa Cookston. She is a regular judge on the travel channel show “BBQ Pit Masters”. You should try it sometime. 

This. 

/thread

6 minutes ago, tigerpride22 said:

It’s not BBQ unless it’s whole hog!! You want real BBQ come to Scott’s in Lexington!!!  

And South Gibson wins this one!!

I eat there often. It is really good. Scott's has the most smoke flavor and is very moist. 

Do not be too impatient yall will get your shot at the dawgs here in a few weeks. 

BTW, yall have a heck of a squad. Best looking Lexington team I have seen in a long time. Reminded of the ole days when yall went deep into the playoffs every single year. Good luck the rest of the way! 

21 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Only thing I have ate in Mason is Gus’s. I will have to try Bozo’s. I have heard a lot about it. 

3 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I eat there often. It is really good. Scott's has the most smoke flavor and is very moist. 

Do not be too impatient yall will get your shot at the dawgs here in a few weeks. 

BTW, yall have a heck of a squad. Best looking Lexington team I have seen in a long time. Reminded of the ole days when yall went deep into the playoffs every single year. Good luck the rest of the way! 

Best BBQ I've found in my area is Charlie's in Bruceton and Helen's in Brownville.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

One, the coaching staff was a major upgrade. Yes it is a new system but considering the old system was basically to draw up some stuff in the dirt before the game and try to run it I’ll take the new system. Second, what Peabody exposed against us they will expose against every team they play. Their line play is that good. We shut their offense down til the 3rd quarter. We will do that to a lot of teams. Also, I agree with you on the week 5 comment..... sissy. Lol. 

This may be a must win for Milan.The Dawgs do not need to start 0-2 if they lose this game the schedule won t get nothing but tougher. I going to pick Milan by td. If Mian loses this game they might not finish 500. In my mind it is a must win SG were beaten by Lexington which have 20 Seniors.