Weakley County School Board vote

mamabear37

Just curious if everyone is aware the Weakley County School Board will be holding a zoom meeting tonite at 5 to vote on whether to end the football season or not. If those in charge get their way, you can take it to the bank that they will vote to shut it down. Our kids will be the only ones who suffer the consequences of this decision.  Those so called “leaders” & school board members proposing this move should be ashamed of themselves. Unless parents & supporters speak up to stop this, football will be done. Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, mamabear37 said:

Just curious if everyone is aware the Weakley County School Board will be holding a zoom meeting tonite at 5 to vote on whether to end the football season or not. If those in charge get their way, you can take it to the bank that they will vote to shut it down. Our kids will be the only ones who suffer the consequences of this decision.  Those so called “leaders” & school board members proposing this move should be ashamed of themselves. Unless parents & supporters speak up to stop this, football will be done. Thoughts?

This is so wrong... it should be held up to each individual school to make that decision. Dresden's first game is tomorrow  and all the other schools in the county have already played two games. This is ridiculous.  I live in Weakley County and had no idea this was happening.. Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tigerpride22 said:

What’s there reasoning for shutting it down now?  

We are all waiting for an answer to that question or any communication at all concerning a vote taking place during the school board meeting. The info I do have is from a very credible source, otherwise I would not have wasted my time posting a thread on the subject. We shall see. 

Edited by mamabear37

3 hours ago, mamabear37 said:

Hopefully this is not true. If so it is a grave over reach of power on the part of the school board. @tradertwo tell if I am wrong about this ole buddy. But the school board’s primary responsibility is the hiring and firing of the superintendent and setting of board policy. The call to have the season or not should be solely the superintendents and if the school board doesn’t like his or her decision then they address the superintendent. But they shouldn’t have the power to make this call. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mamabear37 said:

Is it because of da`Rona? School for a lot of places has been in session for weeks and there has not been any major outbreak of new cases..... 

Political science class did not teach me about da`Rona be weaponized in the name of " public health "

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Hopefully this is not true. If so it is a grave over reach of power on the part of the school board. @tradertwo tell if I am wrong about this ole buddy. But the school board’s primary responsibility is the hiring and firing of the superintendent and setting of board policy. The call to have the season or not should be solely the superintendents and if the school board doesn’t like his or her decision then they address the superintendent. But they shouldn’t have the power to make this call. 

Thank you for shedding some light on this. I agree with you. I was told by a very credible source, there will be a vote taken tonite during the school board meeting via zoom. No public communication has been made concerning this meeting to parents, although I wouldn’t be surprised in the least for the superintendent to make this decision on his own anyhow. The lack of competent leadership and concern for students within that school board is very apparent to anyone paying attention. If the decision is made to shut it down, I would hope that those making that decision would be held accountable.

5 minutes ago, GOCHARGERS said:

All Weakley Co. teams that are not under quarantine will be playing Friday night. I think Gleason is the only team that will not be playing. 

Great to know, yet it still leaves to question what decisions are being discussed by the board moving forward & why the lack of communication from the WCSB? Will there be a vote during the zoom meeting concerning the remainder of the season?

1 hour ago, mamabear37 said:

Great to know, yet it still leaves to question what decisions are being discussed by the board moving forward & why the lack of communication from the WCSB? Will there be a vote during the zoom meeting concerning the remainder of the season?

mamabear37 can you run by Westview today and us talk about your concerns?