Mount Juliet at Gallatin

MJGOLDENBEARS

39 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Great game MJ! They didn’t let one thousand penalty’s get in their way from being the better team. Gallatin maybe had 100 yards of offense and that was off two plays. Gallatin has a solid defense that will keep them in most games. MJ can only get better from here. 

Hats off to Mt. Juliet!  Light years ahead of this years Gallatin team.  You guys will be a tough out for many teams.  As a former player at Gallatin, this is by far one of the worst defenses I’ve ever seen...and I’m talking years.  The only thing stopping Mt. Juliet in the first half was Mt. Juliet.  Gallatin got exposed with their lack of talent and in coaching as well.  The only possible wins left are MAYBE Wilson Central and Northeast...MAYBE. Rest are definitely L’s. 

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

Just don't know how a 10-3 mid 3rd qtr score went to 31-10. They look like they got extremely gassed on D. Gallatin tried to pass it all over the place like they are the KC Chiefs tonight and I dont know why.  They 100% abandoned the run game early 3rd qtr. Bad bad move.

thegreatone36 I was at the game.  Do you have any idea why Gallatin kept trying to throw to #15?  Honestly, I don’t see the talent to target this player as many times...no speed to separate from CB’s, lazy route running, and no ability to go get the ball.  Surely they have more speed out there. 

10 minutes ago, MrBannon said:

Hats off to Mt. Juliet!  Light years ahead of this years Gallatin team. (AGREE, MJ WAS BETTER) You guys will be a tough out for many teams. (ALSO AGREE)  As a former player at Gallatin, this is by far one of the worst defenses I’ve ever seen...and I’m talking years. (HOW MANY YEARS ARE YOU TALKING? TWO? THE COACHING STAFF FROM 2018 IS GONE) The only thing stopping Mt. Juliet in the first half was Mt. Juliet.  Gallatin got exposed with their lack of talent and in coaching as well. (TALENT IS FINE, PLAYCALLING WAS A BIT BAD TONIGHT)  The only possible wins left are MAYBE Wilson Central and Northeast...MAYBE. Rest are definitely L’s. <<<<(SURE. WE'LL SEE.)

Edited by thegreatone36
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBannon said:

thegreatone36 I was at the game.  Do you have any idea why Gallatin kept trying to throw to #15?  Honestly, I don’t see the talent to target this player as many times...no speed to separate from CB’s, lazy route running, and no ability to go get the ball.  Surely they have more speed out there. 

I'm shocked myself with how much confidence they had in the QB to continually throw it like they did.

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Mount Juliet just clearly the better team tonight.  Gallatin has so much they need to improve on.  These coaches will get it straightened out.  

They have a TON to straighten out.  But unfortunately I don’t see how.  Much of what I saw tonight is a personnel issue.  They are severely lacking on the D-line.  Linebackers are non-existent—they can barely fight off blocks.  Same problem with the DB’s—spending waaay to much effort shedding WR blocks and giving up the edge. This part is a coaching issue and can be corrected.  No need to touch on Safety play—there are no words.  Watson has an opportunity though to prove he is the coach everyone thought he was last year.