Henry County @ Brentwood

PatriotNation

Sorry to all Henry Countians for the bold statements in previous posts. I have a long past, previous ,and future in THE HENRY COUNTY PATRIOTS. But in the last 5 years HC has started playing more 2 way players, and it shows. We were the ones wearing teams down beating them in the second half. Now with 5 or 6 players playing both ways, depth is not developed, players are tired before the half. Before to long not much talent is developed. Just an observation from a long devoted fan/coach.

2 minutes ago, dadriot12 said:

Sorry to all Henry Countians for the bold statements in previous posts. I have a long past, previous ,and future in THE HENRY COUNTY PATRIOTS. But in the last 5 years HC has started playing more 2 way players, and it shows. We were the ones wearing teams down beating them in the second half. Now with 5 or 6 players playing both ways, depth is not developed, players are tired before the half. Before to long not much talent is developed. Just an observation from a long devoted fan/coach.

There are way more than 5or 6 two way players. There is no way that should have happen at HC.

Numbers have been lower the last few years though. Have to remember we had a decade long stretch during which we dressed out 90-100 players pretty much every year. That has dwindled to around 70-80 and I think has even dipped into the 60's this year if we're excluding freshmen. How or why that changed I don't know. Seems to be happening across the nation though.  

It's a lot easier to find 22 quality starters at the 5A level with a pool of 100 vs a pool of 70.

And I might be in the minority here, but I don't think having a few 2-way players is necessarily a bad thing. We probably don't make it to state in 2018 without some of our best guys playing both ways.    

Edited by MSURacer

8 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Numbers have been lower the last few years though. Have to remember we had a decade long stretch during which we dressed out 90-100 players pretty much every year. That has dwindled to around 70-80 and I think has even dipped into the 60's this year if we're excluding freshmen. How or why that changed I don't know. Seems to be happening across the nation though.  

It's a lot easier to find 22 quality starters at the 5A level with a pool of 100 vs a pool of 70.

And I might be in the minority here, but I don't think having a few 2-way players is necessarily a bad thing. We probably don't make it to state in 2018 without some of our best guys playing both ways.    

The fact is you got beat by a good but not great 6a team by 40. There’s not much excuse for that.

3 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

The fact is you got beat by a good but not great 6a team by 40. There’s not much excuse for that.

I don’t know how “great” Brentwood is necessarily, but if they’re not there yet, they can definitely get there. Them boys can play.

As for HC, no excuses needed really. It is what it is. Ugly showing tonight and plenty of work ahead. They’ll be fine though. 

Just now, MSURacer said:

I don’t know how “great” Brentwood is necessarily, but if they’re not there yet, they can definitely get there. Them boys can play.

As for HC, no excuses needed really. It is what it is. Ugly showing tonight and plenty of work ahead. They’ll be fine though. 

They should be fine, keeping a close game of it against Beech is positive. 

Can someone please have the balls to call out the coaches of Henry County! So we just not gonna play defense anymore? D coordinator, head coach, assistant coaches, get your team together. Unacceptable. No other words for such a pitiful performance. Absolute garbage on the field tonight. You wanna be high in the rankings but deliver this kind of crap? Get outta here! If you dont get in somebody's behind this is gonna be a average team at best. Too much talent on the field for this kind of thing to happen. No excuses DO BETTER! 

Edited by TheGuru2point0

12 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

What I saw tonight and some earlier games, very confused and tired athletes not doing their jobs. missing tackles. If you cant develope 22 good players out of 60 or so players, maybe you need to rethink coaching. Maybe a rested good player is better than a tired athletic player. To much to learn for Sophomores playing both sides in my opinion, even though it looked like the seniors were the ones missing tackles and out of position.

2 minutes ago, dadriot12 said:

What I saw tonight and some earlier games, very confused and tired athletes not doing their jobs. missing tackles. If you cant develope 22 good players out of 60 or so players, maybe you need to rethink coaching. Maybe a rested good player is better than a tired athletic player. To much to learn for Sophomores playing both sides in my opinion, even though it looked like the seniors were the ones missing tackles and out of position.

Where is the ####### senior leadership? Absolute trash!!!! Mark my words Henry County will get beat by at least one Clarksville team and they will get beat by Gallatin. 6-4 record for the season 

3 minutes ago, TheGuru2point0 said:

Where is the ####### senior leadership? Absolute trash!!!! Mark my words Henry County will get beat by at least one Clarksville team and they will get beat by Gallatin. 6-4 record for the season 

I will have to say there is no regional 7 team that will beat HC. 7-3 at worst. make some d changes at lb have a chance at Gallatin. I'm not even sure who can play lb but it needs to change or more dedication to the job, look at the film they were not even close to where the play was happening aii night, i call it standing in quick sand.

6 minutes ago, dadriot12 said:

Okay? So, you’re not a fan of the coaching. That’s fine. I was just speaking to your comment about 2-way players lol