Week 5 - Oak Ridge @ West

CardinalGrey

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

The same guy coaches the OL and D. Vil, I know you know a lot about the game. Does the same guy coaching 2 totally different areas of a team not concern you, IF you were an OR fan? Genuine question. Does that seem kinda strange to you? I genuinely wanna know how a coach can put the focus he needs to in both areas, without one or the other not getting the attention they need? I just cannot see how that could be a winning formula, but hey, what do I know? And no, CW is still MIA. I know you’re extremely excited about the report card, but unfortunately you might have to wait till Monday.

I’m the biggest armchair QB there is.... I know very little about “coaching” football but if your DC is also your OL coach, you’ve probably got some problems. “Trickling” problems! How in the world, in a system like OR, do you not have an OL coach? Serious question. Maybe the problem is not CJG but the administration at ORHS. 

As far as the report card, if we are waiting until Monday, it is probably time to move on to next week’s opponent for OR. I have no idea who OR plays next but I will bet the FARM that they win. Any takers?

*as long as it is not Powell*

3 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I wanna see them switch back to what they ran vs Farragut.Spread the d out and give K,Jackson some room to get going.3 had tons of room to run on some of those draws at Farragut that Jackson wouldve had huge plays on.But to be honest I would settle for anything besides what they are doing.We did lose an Olineman vs CC and replacing him has been way harder than I thought it would.Plus we had one Olineman from last yr who decided not to play this yr.Add that with losing your starting DT right b4 1st game which makes some of our olineman play both ways more and you have the worst Oline in East TN

Hahaha! You said worst OL in East TN???? I promise you there are worse! Even in 5A.... some in 6A

4 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

I’m the biggest armchair QB there is.... I know very little about “coaching” football but if your DC is also your OL coach, you’ve probably got some problems. “Trickling” problems! How in the world, in a system like OR, do you not have an OL coach? Serious question. Maybe the problem is not CJG but the administration at ORHS. 

As far as the report card, if we are waiting until Monday, it is probably time to move on to next week’s opponent for OR. I have no idea who OR plays next but I will bet the FARM that they win. Any takers?

Dude, I have no idea. Zero, zilch, nada, but from my understanding that’s what’s going on. When I first heard that’s what was going on, it made me scratch my head, and just didn’t sound right. We got Clinton. That’s IF they play.

Edited by SweetScience

3 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

And.....OR is a one horse town.... if the PEOPLE stand up and demand excellence, you shall receive excellence.... Thoughts??

9 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I wanna see them switch back to what they ran vs Farragut.Spread the d out and give K,Jackson some room to get going.3 had tons of room to run on some of those draws at Farragut that Jackson wouldve had huge plays on.But to be honest I would settle for anything besides what they are doing.We did lose an Olineman vs CC and replacing him has been way harder than I thought it would.Plus we had one Olineman from last yr who decided not to play this yr.Add that with losing your starting DT right b4 1st game which makes some of our olineman play both ways more and you have the worst Oline in East TN

Serious question...... how does that even help you last night

4 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Maybe in the end, football is just not important anymore in OR. Seriously! To the guys and gals on CoachT it might be but maybe not to the people in charge 

That very well could be the case. I know CJG cares. There’s nobody more passionate than he, but I can’t speak on the others.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Serious question...... how does that even help you last night

It gives Jackson more room to run instead of being hit as he gets the ball.Also the blocking scheme was basic compared to trying to pull guys and whatever they was trying to do.Also the plays happen faster instead of a WR turned toward sideline and tons of read plays that take all night to get going.As for worst Oline in East TN I agree with you but it is scary to think of one that could play worse than we are right now.

Edited by STILLNUM1
spelling