Week 5 - Oak Ridge @ West

CardinalGrey

West has a really good and quick defensive team,  You need field position to score against them and Oak Ridge was usually on their own end, Oak RIdge needs more and better from the offensive line, maybe some smaller quicker linemen that can block. Running backs get smothered on anything going inside and don't get much on the edge either, that leaves them to blitz Gibbons and force him to throw the short quick stuff that doesn't get much yardage.  I would like to see the quarterback under center in short yardage and when backed up in your own end zone, seems like even good teams like West have trouble with snaps a lot, After watching this Oak Ridge team for 5 games it strikes me that they don't have a player or players that are big playmakers, like Tee or Booker or Graham, that can make the big play when the game is close. Don't know who that might be.  On the West side, Mattress was clearly hobbled, but he made a few good runs, being a Region game, they felt they needed him, 

2 hours ago, guthook said:

TBF, I think West's defense has only allowed 7 points in four games.  Those are pretty insane numbers.

Setting a passing record at OR is not to surprising.  I was surprised the single game record was 300 something.  Cause since Gadis has been there, they have been a wing T/Power run team.  Not to mention I think the QB had 60 something attempts.  He should of thrown for over 600 with that many attempts.  lol  They have a superstar RB (so they say) he hardly EVER got the ball.  To me that made no sense.  I would of thrown it, handed, snapped to him EVERY play.  

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

Setting a passing record at OR is not to surprising.  I was surprised the single game record was 300 something.  Cause since Gadis has been there, they have been a wing T/Power run team.  Not to mention I think the QB had 60 something attempts.  He should of thrown for over 600 with that many attempts.  lol  They have a superstar RB (so they say) he hardly EVER got the ball.  To me that made no sense.  I would of thrown it, handed, snapped to him EVERY play.  

We know we know....... give the “KID” 60 attempts and he throws for 800-1000. No reason to downplay the accomplishments of a kid. Good grief.

14 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

Imagine a key leading in touchdowns, receptions, and yards last week not get in until 2 minutes in the second quarter! Only receiving 2 passes all game going 2-2 lol! What a horrible change of offense to the point we had two players moving at the same time.. sad to say Jubrice didn’t play all of second half wonder how that will play out. I’m still laughing at the commentators when oak ridge ran a jet sweep to the short side of the ball lmao! Change is needed it’s that simple. Thank you west for giving us a try, and no west is not better than Powell. Reasonings why QB..

I couldn’t agree more with you. Why on earth does the best WR....get a couple plays late in the 2nd. It’s beyond comprehension. 
Embarrassed. 

Is it just me or does the OC and HC need to start planning games a little better? 
Maybe they ought to do something radical and allow the QB to hit WRs on 1-1 situations. Where we know our WR can out run the corner or DB. Why not get into the rhythm of calling audibles at the line. 
The play calling sucks so bad I’d probably just give the QB the keys and let him do his thing. At this point, I could guarantee it’ll be better then THE MOST PREDICTABLE OFFENSE on the Lords green earth! 
Hate to say this because yalll know I’m a Coach G fan but maybe it’s time the AD and School Board start making moves on a new HC? I

• Like 1

Yeah that game kinda sucked!! When the running back gets tackled from the REAR in the backfield ... what the heck! Let's get the O-line blocking and the receivers catching and see what happens.  And YES change the play calling, what they're calling ain't working.

I can't be anymore negative but there ya have it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORDT said:

Is it just me or does the OC and HC need to start planning games a little better? 
Maybe they ought to do something radical and allow the QB to hit WRs on 1-1 situations. Where we know our WR can out run the corner or DB. Why not get into the rhythm of calling audibles at the line. 
The play calling sucks so bad I’d probably just give the QB the keys and let him do his thing. At this point, I could guarantee it’ll be better then THE MOST PREDICTABLE OFFENSE on the Lords green earth! 
Hate to say this because yalll know I’m a Coach G fan but maybe it’s time the AD and School Board start making moves on a new HC? I

Not gonna happen brother. Coach G is there until he wants to not be there. Not saying I agree or disagree with what you said, but he isn’t going anywhere unless he chooses to himself. I do think we need a change of philosophy though. Our O line has been mediocre for a considerable amount of years, as well as the D the past 6 or 7 years, barring a few years like 2015 and 2017 or so. The last top notch defense was Cobe Angel’s & Jack Borchers class, whichever year that was. Personally, I wish we had a great strength and conditioning coach. We don’t look very strong at all on either side of the ball up front. It could be the blocking scheme that has a lot to do with the OL though. If we’re gonna pull linemen a lot like we do we’re gonna need much quicker linemen like a poster up above said. I saw our big 290 LB 6’6 linemen pull a few times last night and he just doesn’t have the agility for that.

i did think 7, 10, 38, and 33 all had solid games last night. Most of those guys have been consistently good so far this season.

Edited by SweetScience

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Not gonna happen brother. Coach G is there until he wants to not be there. Not saying I agree or disagree with what you said, but he isn’t going anywhere unless he chooses to himself. I do think we need a change of philosophy though. Our O line has been mediocre for a considerable amount of years, as well as the D the past 6 or 7 years, barring a few years like 2015 and 2017 or so. The last top notch defense was Cobe Angel’s & Jack Borchers class, whichever year that was. Personally, I wish we had a great strength and conditioning coach. We don’t look very strong at all on either side of the ball up front. It could be the blocking scheme that has a lot to do with the OL though. If we’re gonna pull linemen a lot like we do we’re gonna need much quicker linemen like a poster up above said. I saw our big 290 LB 6’6 linemen pull a few times last night and he just doesn’t have the agility for that.

i did think 7, 10, 38, and 33 all had solid games last night. Most of those guys have been consistently good so far this season.

Who coaches the OL? Who is the DC? Who is the OC? Gaddis has been around long enough and OR has athletes, why can he not find good coaches? That, in the end, is what this boils down to. It is ridiculous. 

I’m headed to the game.... 

Anybody checked on catswild?

2 hours ago, ORDT said:

I am genuinely interested in hearing what you would have done differently last night that would have given OR the WIN. I have seen them play twice, not sure anything would have mattered had they done something differently.

9 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Who coaches the OL? Who is the DC? Who is the OC? Gaddis has been around long enough and OR has athletes, why can he not find good coaches? That, in the end, is what this boils down to. It is ridiculous. 

I’m headed to the game.... 

Anybody checked on catswild?

The same guy coaches the OL and D. Vil, I know you know a lot about the game. Does the same guy coaching 2 totally different areas of a team not concern you, IF you were an OR fan? Genuine question. Does that seem kinda strange to you? I genuinely wanna know how a coach can put the focus he needs to in both areas, without one or the other not getting the attention they need? I just cannot see how that could be a winning formula, but hey, what do I know? And no, CW is still MIA. I know you’re extremely excited about the report card, but unfortunately you might have to wait till Monday.

5 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

I am genuinely interested in hearing what you would have done differently last night that would have given OR the WIN. I have seen them play twice, not sure anything would have mattered had they done something differently.

I wanna see them switch back to what they ran vs Farragut.Spread the d out and give K,Jackson some room to get going.3 had tons of room to run on some of those draws at Farragut that Jackson wouldve had huge plays on.But to be honest I would settle for anything besides what they are doing.We did lose an Olineman vs CC and replacing him has been way harder than I thought it would.Plus we had one Olineman from last yr who decided not to play this yr.Add that with losing your starting DT right b4 1st game which makes some of our olineman play both ways more and you have the worst Oline in East TN