Week 5 - Oak Ridge @ West

CardinalGrey

A few observations from the game:

After seeing West a couple of times this year, it puzzles me how opposing offenses, time and time again, try to block #12 pressuring  off the C gap with an OL on an island; this is certainly not a recipe for success, as 12 uses his superior speed and athleticism to evade the lineman and pressure the passer or disrupt the play with penetration. Credit the West coaches , the 4 techniques do a very good job and that certainly makes it easier to disguise the 4th rusher and/or leverage a better matchup on the edge... usually 12. Nevertheless, if offenses continue to account for him with a lineman in space... look forward to a long night with a lot of negative yardage plays.

West #15 is a very good player. He diagnoses the play quickly, gets to the ball carrier and he is a sure tackler when he gets there.

I was definitely surprised that Oak Ridge got away from the quick passing game and receiver screen concepts in space.

Just my opinion and an observation, I think the Oak Ridge defensive front is considerably more effective when the second-team interior lineman enter the game. 

Edited by Former44
  • Like 1