Week 5 - Oak Ridge @ West

CardinalGrey

3 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

I can’t believe y’all but than I can lol! This will not be a 20 point + victory for west! Yes they are solid and whoever said they didn’t have receivers is a joke! One has d1 offers. The biggest take is I don’t think west qb is better than Farragut! Let’s be real here oak ridge isn’t 20 points worse than Farragut and realistically can beat them with adjustments! When I say that If oak ridge played Farragut again it wouldn’t be an automatic Farragut win.. I can’t predict a score but I still stand on oak ridge offensive can score with any team in 5a with the right calls and adjustments. Defense is the real issue look to see a change today.. will it work? I don’t know, but it will not be a +20 point loss!

The problem with OR vs Farragut was up front IMO. The Farragut DL was able to pressure Gibbons AND shut down the run while the OR DL could do neither. Then OR sent their LBs too and still had no pressure so 17 had to cover 20 for too long. OR could beat Farragut but not on that night.

2 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

Sir I was answering you’re over under 14 points taking it every week lol! For the Moneyline victory oak ridge getting points in this one I could risk a unit or 2 nothing crazy lol! Listen to me oak ridge can beat them.. will they I don’t know? But bodies and athletes they have enough! Just don’t know how well defense adjusted 

I think OR can win this game but West has way more athletes than OR. It's going to come down to the LOS, and OR struggles up there.

35 minutes ago, catswild said:

Does anyone at all give OR a chance to win this game? I hope West is as overconfident about a West win tonight as OR fans are!

Me! Don’t sleep if our offense flex tonight! 17 plays way better in coverage! He learns from last week! We get more coverage I am worried about 15 giving up yards! I like for our offense to keep up! Turnovers will be the key

44 minutes ago, catswild said:

Does anyone at all give OR a chance to win this game? I hope West is as overconfident about a West win tonight as OR fans are!

As a West fan, I learned years ago you never know what 16/17 year olds are going to do one week from the next.  One week you’re headed for the state finals and the next week you can’t line up straight.  Ask me at halftime - I might have an idea by then on what our chances are.  

Why in the world has Oak Ridge gone back to that awful offense.Defense learned nothing from last week.3RD and 3 and we have our CBs 10 yds off man for easy 1st down.3rd and long send no pressure dropping 7 but still have guys wide open.Plus to dumb to call a timeout at midfield and take a drive killing delay of game.Great start

• Sad 1