Week 5 - Oak Ridge @ West

CardinalGrey

5 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

All Oak Ridge needs to do is load the box, and make West QB beat you.  I wouldnt even guard there WR.  LOL 

West has more passing TDS than rushing TDS - and that’s with running clocks In 2 of their 3 games killing time in the second half.  Not sure we have had a single back go for more than 100 yards in any game this year.  You sure you want to put everyone on an island and go there?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MeritIII said:

West has more passing TDS than rushing TDS - and that’s with running clocks In 2 of their 3 games killing time in the second half.  Not sure we have had a single back go for more than 100 yards in any game this year.  You sure you want to put everyone on an island and go there?

I expect a good two pronged attack by the Rebels, both run and pass.

Edited by SweetScience

From the little ive seen and read about West...they seem to still be working some things out due to lack of spring practice, scrimmages, etc but are still crushing teams on their schedule.

If the qb cuts down on the int's and continues to get the timing down with these stud wrs than they have the potential to have a special season. Mattress has been doing his thing but its this backup Barfield I hear that can be very special as well. I haven't even heard Hundleys name yet and if he gets going watch out.

The defense lost some key starters from last season but seem to still be solid year in and year out with the guys they have in this year. Two shutouts is awesome regardless of who ur playing.

If West wins this week against Oak Ridge and beats Powell then they have a great chance to go undefeated in the regular season for the first time in school history...there's no one else on that schedule that can compete with West if they are rolling and not hurting themselves with stupid penalties and turnovers. 

Just an opinion from an alum.

• Upvote 1

On 9/11/2020 at 8:18 AM, KnoxVil said:

All I said was go get that DUB Jeff Co...... can I not pull for Jeff County to win the game? Is that against Board Policy?? Show me where I predicted a Jeff Co win..... didn’t think you would find it but carry on....

That is no excuse Vil weed is still illegal in Tennessee. Lol

23 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

This is an extremely quiet thread.... 2 top ten teams in 5A about to battle it out! The Ridgers must be like my friend over at WB, just laying in the weeds. Waiting to jump out at the right time to say “I told y’all so”!!!!! One time and one time only...

RWR......

Well, they predicted wins over Farragut and DB, so predicting a win over West must feel a bit futile at this point, but I'm glad to see  such persistent optimism from a fan base.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, guthook said:

Well, they predicted wins over Farragut and DB, so predicting a win over West must feel a bit futile at this point, but I'm glad to see  such persistent optimism from a fan base.

I didn't predict a win over either and I don't predict a win over West but I do expect a better game than OR had against Farragut, despite the fact that West beat Farragut by 24 and Farragut beat OR by 20.