Week 5 - Oak Ridge @ West

CardinalGrey

Maybe I missed it, which very well could’ve happened, but I don’t recall any OR fan predicting a win over Farragut or DB. Maybe some newbie came on here and did, but most OR fans that have been on here for any good amount of time are pretty humble folks and always have been. If they did, I doubt they were being braggarts about it by any means. I would hope not, at least. 

Edited by SweetScience

28 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Maybe I missed it, which very well could’ve happened, but I don’t recall any OR fan predicting a win over Farragut or DB. Maybe some newbie came on here and did, but most OR fans that have been on here for any good amount of time are pretty humble folks and always have been. If they did, I doubt they were being braggarts about it by any means. I would hope not, at least. 

You just missed it.  I bumped the thread for you.

West is a very good team. more skill than either DB or Farragut. Oak Ridge has to run the ball this week, and with Jackson back, I think they will do better there.  Defense has to stop the run and the pass, not allow big chunk plays, get some 3 and outs and some fumbles (Farragut fumbled 4 times, we didn't get any, including two that could have been scoring opportunities) it will take getting turnovers and not giving turnovers to beat this talented West team. KIcking will be important too, make all the extra points and maybe a short field goal or two. Cover well, West returned a punt on Farragut for 6 and blocked one to set up an easy 6. Oak Ridge can win, but it will take the best team effort so far, and maybe a few breaks.

13 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

West is a very good team. more skill than either DB or Farragut. Oak Ridge has to run the ball this week, and with Jackson back, I think they will do better there.  Defense has to stop the run and the pass, not allow big chunk plays, get some 3 and outs and some fumbles (Farragut fumbled 4 times, we didn't get any, including two that could have been scoring opportunities) it will take getting turnovers and not giving turnovers to beat this talented West team. KIcking will be important too, make all the extra points and maybe a short field goal or two. Cover well, West returned a punt on Farragut for 6 and blocked one to set up an easy 6. Oak Ridge can win, but it will take the best team effort so far, and maybe a few breaks.

Your points are well taken