Rockwood @ Meigs County

Yeti

5 hours ago, Redskin15 said:

Yeti-

Hey pal, our open date is when you all play South Pitt, are you guys limiting tickets? We thought about coming down and watching game.

We are unfortunately. I'm afraid alot of folks wont get in .

Edited by Imthayeti

44 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Over 500 total. Meadows had over 200. Caywood and Carrol both had over 100. Rockwood had around 150 total yards. 

That's very impressive. Pretty sure in the end we had 6 players with touches running the ball for us.

Between those 3 you mentioned we were averaging 13.3 yards per rush.

Our offensive line played great last night. Rockwoods line wasn't bad by any means, our line just played that great complimented by our skill players playing lights out. Was very proud of the team as a whole. 

Edited by Imthayeti

Just now, Dadof2 said:

That’s shaping up to be a hard schedule, those teams are 19-5 combined.

Last year according to coachT strength of schedule it was #1 in 2A and #9 in the state in all classes. With greenback rebuilding and Upperman not quite as highly ranked this year it may slip some but it’s a tough stretch for sure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MSUBac2001 said:

If I read the record book correctly, 67 points are the most points Rockwood has given up since 1968. Since that year RHS hasn’t given up more than 52.

Pretty impressive 

I'll admit it wasnt what I expected to see, but I'll take it. We kept trying to put it away with a 35 point lead so we could get a running clock, but Rockwood managed to score later in the game to hinder us from it. #1 was a ballplayer for Rockwood. He kept it interesting with a few good plays for sure. 

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I'll admit it wasnt what I expected to see, but I'll take it. We kept trying to put it away with a 35 point lead so we could get a running clock, but Rockwood managed to score later in the game to hinder us from it. #1 was a ballplayer for Rockwood. He kept it interesting with a few good plays for sure. 

I understand trying to get to 35+. 

My dad loves to tell a story from that 68 RHS season.  They lost 71-0 to Kingston. Rockwood had a chance to score at the end of the game, but Kingston put their starting D back in to keep the shutout. Old timers never forgave that. I can remember them begging coach to run it up on Kingston in 92 for payback. Old grudges die hard.

Friday, while a beat down, had a different feel than that. 

1 minute ago, MSUBac2001 said:

My dad loves to tell a story from that 68 RHS season.  They lost 71-0 to Kingston. Rockwood had a chance to score at the end of the game, but Kingston put their starting D back in to keep the shutout. Old timers never forgave that. I can remember them begging coach to run it up on Kingston in 92 for payback. Old grudges die hard.

Hard to look at the score and think otherwise, but if you were there it wouldnt seem like someone trying to run up the score. I assure you that wasn't the case.

4 minutes ago, MSUBac2001 said:

24 years later lol? Ouch