Week 5 Beech vs Tullahoma

Director

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

You’re making my point. It’s likely done for selfish reasons in the end, which is a bad reflection of society in general.

Now hold up just a second, I am far from a Beech fan or apologist, but Beech has been looking for games to complete their schedule for weeks.  Tullahoma has not been in that situation at least to the same extent.  They obviously agreed to it and with Beech in worse shape schedule wise, I do not see the problem.  Both agreed and it will be a good game.  If both sides are happy with it, what’s the deal??  

24 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Now hold up just a second, I am far from a Beech fan or apologist, but Beech has been looking for games to complete their schedule for weeks.  Tullahoma has not been in that situation at least to the same extent.  They obviously agreed to it and with Beech in worse shape schedule wise, I do not see the problem.  Both agreed and it will be a good game.  If both sides are happy with it, what’s the deal??  

I’m far from a Tullahoma fan or apologist by the way. Far, far! Beech is not worse off now, as far as home games. That was my only point...6 home games. I know what they went through early on and thought they should have hosted Powell at the time for the same reason. I just think Beech wouldn’t budge from its home game, despite having 6. Tullahoma had only four at that point and, based on Olive’s remarks, they just didn’t want to sit around doing nothing this week. They reluctantly agreed to travel it seems. My only question is the fairness part of it. Shouldn’t Beech just suck it up and travel  and both teams would have 5 home games like normal? Or is that too much to ask? I have zero against Beech...nothing but respect for that program.

7 hours ago, abo14 said:

According to the schedule posted here they play or played 

@ Powell

@ Henry County

@ Hillsboro

@ Station Camp

@ Gallatin

Thats  5 on the road. 

One thing about me is that I am going to be honest and apologetic when I’m wrong! I was wrong....didn’t look close enough. Obviously, the Henry County game was in Milan and a road game which I knew all along. It is in “bold” representing a home game on the schedule typically but I didn’t pay close enough attention. So, I apologize. 5 at home and 5 on the road for Beech. Tullahoma just will have to settle for 4 at home this season. So be it! Beech has been through a ton with their crazy schedule changes so good for them to continue to figure it out! They deserve it. My mistake everyone. 

Edited by sportsguy22

2 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Maybe you should fallow golf or something leave football to the big boys. 

I do follow golf and love it! Along with most other sports too. I’ve been involved with sports my entire life and love them! So, questioning scheduling (which I’ve owned up to) in high school football in a very minor way now bans me from following football and loving football?! Makes total sense. 

5 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I do follow golf and love it! Along with most other sports too. I’ve been involved with sports my entire life and love them! So, questioning scheduling (which I’ve owned up to) in high school football in a very minor way now bans me from following football and loving football?! Makes total sense. 

I really enjoy how yall love each other. It's a beautiful thing. 

7 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

At least you're  persistent. Speaking of making sense it sounds like it coming together for you. Good luck. 

A glance at Tullahoma's remaining schedule is the best indication of why Tullahoma sought this game once it became obvious Spring Hill couldn't play. The Wildcats need to be challenged. Through four games they have not been. 

Coach Olive has always tried to play stiff non-region opponents when possible. Since Tullahoma always has to play Shelbyville, Coffee Co, and Franklin Co. as non-region, rivalry games, that only leaves them one or two chances to schedule additional non-region opponents each year.

Lately those remaining two opponents have been Giles Co. and Lincoln Co.