INJURED ROCKET - #11 McClendon

GeneralForrest

Micah had surgery on Sept 12th for his injury. He fractured bones in his neck which damaged his spinal cord in the cervical region and he has been on a ventilator. The damage is high enough in the spinal cord to affect the muscles that allow him to breathe on his own. Yesterday his mom reported that he had a second surgery. The community support from Chapel Hill and the surrounding area has been amazing. Benefit concerts, T shirt sales, several businesses donated their profits from specific days, and other donations have raised tens of thousands of dollars. The Loretto and Lawrence County schools honored Micah during their Forrest games. Big issue right now is breathing and avoiding lung infections. Rehab can start once the breathing issues resolve but this will be a long difficult journey. Prayers and miracles are needed. Anyone looking to donate or for info can search: #MicahStrong or MicahStrong11 . 

• Like 3

We need to keep this young man in our prayers. He’s been heavy on my heart today. 

Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...