AP TOP 10 CLASS 2A SEPT 14, 2020

Southtowner

5 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

What does Lewis County have?  I’ve never really heard much about them.  Where are they located anyways?

3 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I don’t know what they have, but they are located south of Nashville on I65. Lewisburg being their county seat.

Some say they have an easy regular season then wilt in the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tide21 said:

You know I don’t know. I know he left for West Point and is still there. 

Most academy schools place them in prep school as freshmen for various reasons unless they can make the two-deep roster.  They're very strict on academics, so a year of prep school prepares them mentally for what will be required. I heard the Naval Academy put Aaron Swafford in prep because he needed surgery. He played his entire senior season banged up. I think Jarel will be a solid contributor in a couple of years.

10 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I have a lot of respect for that team. Played many games against them when I played but they do wilt in the playoffs but they play against pretty good teams in the playoffs.

Pretty good teams is a fact,they do t play well against speed from what I have seen. So if you have speed and size they have trouble.

8 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Most academy schools place them in prep school as freshmen for various reasons unless they can make the two-deep roster.  They're very strict on academics, so a year of prep school prepares them mentally for what will be required. I heard the Naval Academy put Aaron Swafford in prep because he needed surgery. He played his entire senior season banged up. I think Jarel will be a solid contributor in a couple of years.

He had real good grades in high school and wasn’t banged up as far as I know. They didn’t run him on offense much his senior year. They very well could have put him in prep school