How did they do that?

BarneySox2007

10 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

because thats how it was meant to be done. Kudos to you guys..at  least you can look in the mirror and say we won with our kids

Thanks. I, for one, would rather finish with a Silver Ball doing it the way we have always done football in Covington, than to win a Gold Ball by doing what apparently is happening with all these transfers. Of course I'm an old guy and maybe I'm just not in step with the times.

6 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Thanks. I, for one, would rather finish with a Silver Ball doing it the way we have always done football in Covington, than to win a Gold Ball by doing what apparently is happening with all these transfers. Of course I'm an old guy and maybe I'm just not in step with the times.

Things have changed over time my friend. My old coach told me when he played back in the early sixties if a parent showed up at practice something must of happened at home like a death. Today if you go to a practice you see a group of dads lined up trying to get in a brownie point with the coach during a break or after practice. My whole point in this thread is the crazy stuff some of these dads will do. I'm sure Mr. Rankin felt betrayed when the kid left to another state right after the game the other night knowing dang well he was going to leave. I'm sure Mr. Rankin wouldn't have let the kid in the game had he known. For me I would have stuck him in and told my line to step aside and let Maryville's sharks eat him alive for a going away present but the game was on the line and he couldn't do that even if he wanted. Now for the other kid I hope him only the best and he achieves everything he wants at Alcoa but don't tell the press your out for the season leaving that school with a foot boot and show up in a game three weeks later somewhere else. I understand fully that recruiters one day watching film of him blocking an eighth grader at Sunbright might be a reason they wouldn't feel 100% about him blocking a man in the SEC the next year. There are many great stories I could tell over the years I've watched high school football but 99% of these kids never made it after high school anyway and all that brown nosing agent dad done was all in vain.

26 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Things have changed over time my friend. My old coach told me when he played back in the early sixties if a parent showed up at practice something must of happened at home like a death. Today if you go to a practice you see a group of dads lined up trying to get in a brownie point with the coach during a break or after practice. My whole point in this thread is the crazy stuff some of these dads will do. I'm sure Mr. Rankin felt betrayed when the kid left to another state right after the game the other night knowing dang well he was going to leave. I'm sure Mr. Rankin wouldn't have let the kid in the game had he known. For me I would have stuck him in and told my line to step aside and let Maryville's sharks eat him alive for a going away present but the game was on the line and he couldn't do that even if he wanted. Now for the other kid I hope him only the best and he achieves everything he wants at Alcoa but don't tell the press your out for the season leaving that school with a foot boot and show up in a game three weeks later somewhere else. I understand fully that recruiters one day watching film of him blocking an eighth grader at Sunbright might be a reason they wouldn't feel 100% about him blocking a man in the SEC the next year. There are many great stories I could tell over the years I've watched high school football but 99% of these kids never made it after high school anyway and all that brown nosing agent dad done was all in vain.

I'm glad Alcoa finally started playing murvul's talent pick pocket game. Sure does make those murvul fans mad! :roflol::roflolk::roflol:

41 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

What did someone couple yrs back call east TN ball? All star teams put together or something

Maryville and Alcoa just keep rolling. Dominating for the last 20 years. That old green monster  is hard to hide. Most fan bases hate us. We don’t care. 

Edited by rebelwoman87

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Maryville and Alcoa just keep rolling. Dominating for the last 20 years. That old green monster  is hard to hide. Most fan bases hate us. We don’t care. 

I don't hate anybody. I look at Alcoa and see a good team. I do realize that they approach the game differently than our Covington program does. No hate, just a fact.

Still, our little home-grown team played Alcoa toe-to-toe in Cookeville two years ago. Our QB was the grandson of a guy I went to high school with. Home grown. Alcoa beat us, but had to score late in the 4th qtr to do it. I was very proud of our guys. 

Last year, we lost to PC by 1 point, or we would have met Alcoa in Cookeville for the third straight year. I'd personally like to meet Alcoa there again this year. But, we are still a long way from doing that. Gotta finish this pandemic season and go through the playoffs.

Hope to see Alcoa on Overall Field at Tenn Tech.

Edited by CHARGERFAN