Springfield @ Marshall Co.

Kevin38

56 minutes ago, GangTackle said:

it hasn't been mentioned. Springfield was not only outplayed they were outcoached! (I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARENT GOOD COACHES). MC seemed to have an answer for every offensive play Springfield tried. The defense could not get off the field on third down. 5 was a nonfactor. MC kept him in the pocket! MC qb was making some great throws and the amazing catch the MC WR. The most notable thing from watching the YouTube show was how MC won the battle up front. It looked like men vs boys. I think Wilson will get SF back on track though. If MC plays like that all year they are a tough out for anyone. Good luck to both teams moving forward. 

We were successful in getting MC into 3rd and long but very unsuccessful in keeping them from converting.  We just couldn’t get them off the field.  

You’re right about containing #5. MC keep him from getting to the edge. But we were able to get 4 to 6 yards A pop between the tackles because of the edge protection.  

MC’s QB consistently was throwing the ball 50 yards and more in warm ups.  His short to mid range passes were head high with little to no air under them.  Strong, accurate arm

the biggest surprise to me was the line play.  MC’s line out played us last night.

MC smack us his in the mouth and we didn’t respond.  We will get better after this loss.  We know how weak our region is now. To complete with the Big Boys will take our very best game played at full speed. 

I wouldn’t trade Coach Wilson for another HS coach in the nation let alone in the state

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stingrays said:

“Social distancing”. MC has lined up on the hashes like that after every game this year. 

Thanks. I guess I find it odd after all the contact of the last 2.5 hours that social distancing would even be in play. I’m over all this Covid mess. I know it’s out there but still. Good luck to MC the rest of the way. 

• Like 1