South Pittsburg Needs Games Sept 25 and Oct 2

SPHS09

14 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Brentwood is 6A - beat Ravenwood last week. At ST pointed out - it could be a Championship preview. Oakland will have to get by Murville.

Oh, definitely could be a preview then, Creasy is smart yeah he may have to play them twice but this is the type of game that could get them past Maryville 

I was thinking last night about the coaches in my life that made a big difference in my life and the older I have got the more I appreciate them all. A couple I mention are not teacher's but great guy's that taught me alot about life. Coach Don Grider, Mickey Wilson, Ron Summey, Dave Baxter, Hoot Gibson, Paul Turney, James Warren, Hank Patrick, Ray Talley, Al Raffo, Sam Brooks, Terry Siler and the Lady, Bebe Fuqua, . That's who I can remember the years I was in school. I know I have a son that some of you know that has coached basketball, baseball and football, and to see some of those kids now that have graduated and come back and remember what he taught them is such a blessing. We all want to win and we should be coached hard to win, losing is not fun, but more than that, a hard love a coach show's sometimes kid's don't understand till later in life. I know what I'm talking about, bc I love all those coaches in my life that made me what i am today with God's help. I hope I didn't miss any but with my age I think I did pretty good to remember them all.!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sportman said:

I was thinking last night about the coaches in my life that made a big difference in my life and the older I have got the more I appreciate them all. A couple I mention are not teacher's but great guy's that taught me alot about life. Coach Don Grider, Mickey Wilson, Ron Summey, Dave Baxter, Hoot Gibson, Paul Turney, James Warren, Hank Patrick, Ray Talley, Al Raffo, Sam Brooks, Terry Siler and the Lady, Bebe Fuqua, . That's who I can remember the years I was in school. I know I have a son that some of you know that has coached basketball, baseball and football, and to see some of those kids now that have graduated and come back and remember what he taught them is such a blessing. We all want to win and we should be coached hard to win, losing is not fun, but more than that, a hard love a coach show's sometimes kid's don't understand till later in life. I know what I'm talking about, bc I love all those coaches in my life that made me what i am today with God's help. I hope I didn't miss any but with my age I think I did pretty good to remember them all.!!!

I have been taught or coached by all that you named plus coach David Hale. I consider myself pretty lucky. Like I always say great to be a Pirate

2 hours ago, sportman said:

That's overlaps a lot with my list.  BTW, Ron Summey was the only coach or player that ran the single wing after leaving SP to my knowledge.

Edited by rlh

17 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

I have been taught or coached by all that you named plus coach David Hale. I consider myself pretty lucky. Like I always say great to be a Pirate

David Hale was a great man and great friend for sure. He came I think maybe a year or two after I was gone. He was truly fast for such a large man.

19 minutes ago, rlh said:

That's overlaps a lot with my list.  BTW, Ron Summey was the only coach or player that ran the single wing after leaving SP to my knowledge.

Alot of schools think there running the single wing at times, but unless you have a blocking back like Grinder taught to Summey, it's just a hybrid version.  I think Ron ran it at Vonore? Not sure. I wish very could run it sometimes again. Learn a 46 and 317 and run those two great plays out of it. 

3 minutes ago, sportman said:

Alot of schools think there running the single wing at times, but unless you have a blocking back like Grinder taught to Summey, it's just a hybrid version.  I think Ron ran it at Vonore? Not sure. I wish very could run it sometimes again. Learn a 46 and 317 and run those two great plays out of it. 

Yes, he ran it at Vonore and maybe briefly after the consolidation.

On 10/1/2020 at 2:30 PM, sportman said:

David Hale was a great man and great friend for sure. He came I think maybe a year or two after I was gone. He was truly fast for such a large man.

People want believe what an athlete he was. Taught me how to lift weight. Big mella yella in the sky. Great guy

On 10/1/2020 at 11:40 AM, sportman said:

No Phil Beene?