Midway @ Coalfield

rtl112

11 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

Before the season everyone would call this an upset but now I don’t think it is so much of an upset. I’m picking the Green Wave to go into to Coalbucket and get the win, the winner of this one will more than likely be the region champions!

I wouldnt count OS out just yet!!

21 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

Before the season everyone would call this an upset but now I don’t think it is so much of an upset. I’m picking the Green Wave to go into to Coalbucket and get the win, the winner of this one will more than likely be the region champions!

I wouldn't totally count us out of it. We are playing better. It would be hard to call it an upset with coalfield replacing 16 starters from last year. I would pick you guys this year.

35 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

I don’t think it would be an upset Coalfield is really young all over the field. 

18 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Off topic. This looks like it could be a good article.

Oakdale has around 30 players out this year.  I'd love to see them make the playoffs but their 2 losses are in the region and I don't see them beating Oz, Harriman or Greenback. But it is a great story.

Edited by rtl112

On 9/30/2020 at 1:31 PM, Spike016 said:

I’ll be keepin a close eye on this game Friday night. What has turned the Green Wave around this year??

They’ve got kids with experience in key spots, especially Hegland who should be our region player of the year and a definite all-state selection in my opinion. They’ve also got a new coach by the name of Ron Treadway. He’s an excellent coach that’s really brought out the best in the Green Waves and he knows how to put them in positions to win. 

11 minutes ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

They’ve got kids with experience in key spots, especially Hegland who should be our region player of the year and a definite all-state selection in my opinion. They’ve also got a new coach by the name of Ron Treadway. He’s an excellent coach that’s really brought out the best in the Green Waves and he knows how to put them in positions to win. 

Sounds like he’s got a plan and it’s workin for him. I hope they can pull off a W but gettin a W at CF is not an easy task. 

Due to COVID, I lost my chance to evaluate Coalfield against Gordonsville, so bear with me.

I did, however, get to evaluate Midway against Tellico Plains. 

Offensively, Midway has two real, and very real, threats. QB #10 and WR #5. #10 is a dual-threat and usually plays a role any time points are scored. #5 is an excellent athlete in space and I don't think I saw him drop a pass all night in that swamp of a field.

Defensively, they are gap sound up front. Tellico had a very difficult time extending possessions and driving downfield. They only found the endzone on big plays. 

Midway looked well disciplined and Coach Ostrowski's offense showed a lot of potential.

However, in the late game, they began to lose steam on both sides of the ball. I don't know whether it is a question of conditioning or a mental thing. They just took the foot off the gas. 

That being said, I think we're in for a great game tonight. Coalfield is young, but not without talent. This game should be close either way, but I'm taking Coalfield. 

Region 2 fans, support your teams, but I have bad news. From what I've seen, the state representative for the east will come from Region 3 or Region 4, barring COVID. 

• Thanks 1