Cornersville vs Fayetteville

Tweeter79

15 minutes ago, Varo said:

thanks for the info.  we're screwed

I would say the right thing would be for them to have to set out the first half of next game which would have been huge if you guys would not have pulled that off. Not sure why 40 from Cornersville got tossed. I know he slam the running back but i seen a couple do that in our city game and it was just a personal foul flag which should have been all it was. Was impressed how you guys pulled that out last night after loosing those key player's. The defensive stance at the end and the key first down run at the end was huge. Hopefully we can take care of what we need to take care of and end up in the 2 spot

Edited by Raider2021

17 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

I would say the right thing would be for them to have to set out the first half of next game which would have been huge if you guys would not have pulled that off. Not sure why 40 from Cornersville got tossed. I know he slam the running back but i seen a couple do that in our city game and it was just a personal foul flag which should have been all it was. Was impressed how you guys pulled that out last night after loosing those key player's. The defensive stance at the end and the key first down run at the end was huge. Hopefully we can take care of what we need to take care of and end up in the 2 spot

for sure.  Let Huntland travel.

58 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Not sure why 40 from Cornersville got tossed. I know he slam the running back but i seen a couple do that in our city game and it was just a personal foul flag which should have been all it was. 

I think because it was after the whistle. But maybe so in any case. I'd guess it likely if the other Fayetteville players  hadn't gone on the field it would have been offsetting penalties on the two involved. As long as no punches were thrown

Edited by Guy001

46 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

You never know how it will all play out but I would say y’all have the 2 spot pretty easy. I think you will win Region games by multiple scores. Plus if something crazy happened and you did lose one, you have the head to head tiebreaker over Cornersville. 

Just now, Richmond30 said:

You never know how it will all play out but I would say y’all have the 2 spot pretty easy. I think you will win Region games by multiple scores. Plus if something crazy happened and you did lose one, you have the head to head tiebreaker over Cornersville. 

The huntland game will be huge and should have us set for the 2 spot if we can win it. Huntland will be tuff if healthy. And stats or records dont matter when you have huntland and Moore Co on the same field! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Raider2021 said:

The huntland game will be huge and should have us set for the 2 spot if we can win it. Huntland will be tuff if healthy. And stats or records dont matter when you have huntland and Moore Co on the same field! 

Is Stewart back for Huntland?

What a heck of a crazy game, but so relieved Fayetteville came up with some huge stops in the 4th! Coach Morsom was really, really angry at his team for their reaction to their back being body slammed. Tempers were high before that, but all the way in the top row of our side I could hear the coach shouting "We're better than that! Keep control!" It very nearly cost them a Region championship, too, because  4 of our key players, including our punter, go tossed. It seemed almost inevitable that Cornersville would pull it out, and hats off to them for their effort! Hopefully, the team can learn from this about the consequences of reacting the wrong way and losing their cool! I would give the game ball to the Freshman running back, Jackson, though, who was hobbled on the last few series of the game and could hardly walk, much less run, but sealed the deal with a 20 yard first-down scamper on a crucial 3rd and 14! After the game, he had to be literally carried off the field. 

1 hour ago, Raider2021 said:

Not sure why 40 from Cornersville got tossed. I know he slam the running back but i seen a couple do that in our city game and it was just a personal foul flag which should have been all it was. 

I was looking right at #40 when he suplexed the Tiger. I felt it was uncalled for but tempers were flaring all night (good rivalry) and he probably let his emotions get the better of him. Either case, it was not justifiable. If I were to guess, he got tossed simply because that move is what set the deal for the rest of the commotion on the field. Therefore, had he not got tossed, I would be willing to be the refs would have caught all sorts of Hades for not tossing a Bulldog and only tossing Tigers. And then again, maybe the refs had had enough of the chipping on the field as well and decided to make a statement.

13 minutes ago, GaelTider said:

I would give the game ball to the Freshman running back, Jackson, though, who was hobbled on the last few series of the game and could hardly walk, much less run, but sealed the deal with a 20 yard first-down scamper on a crucial 3rd and 14! After the game, he had to be literally carried off the field. 

KJ was amazing to watch. Hats off to that young man. I'll cringe for the next few years when we play City if he's on the field. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Varo said:

So I'm just now recovering from last night and going back over some of the posts.  This one stood out to me.  How true @PiRaTe._.MiKe .  I know you've seen enough high school football in your time, and I'm pretty sure you were talking Tiger speed, Corndog defense.  But last night was a good display of both speed/big plays, and stout defense by the Tigers.  Except for the shenanigans on the field, which I agree with someone who mentioned it earlier, the refs let it get way out of hand, the game last night was your typical Fayetteville - Cornersville slug-fest.  Our Tiger team didn't back down and gave them all they wanted.  And after we lost those four impact players, the Team had to dig deep and step up to fill the gaps they left.  We are a relatively young team, lots of sophomores and juniors, and our freshman running back stepped up when he was needed.  That kind of  work mentality is what builds strong programs, not losing their heads and giving up penalties or ejections.  And speaking of that, what are the consequences of getting ejected in h.s. football?  One week suspension?  One game ? I don't know. 

BTW, I hope you and @Southtowner enjoyed last night.  Seems like we win when he travels.  

I think I'm finally unclenched now, and looking forward to Gordonsville in 2 weeks.  Ya'll should come see that one.

Yes yall win everytime I travel to see the Tigers.  I should get an assigned seat on the 50 yard line at your stadium there on Tiger Hill.  

Speaking of ejections:

Unsportsmanlike Conduct 

Section 7. Student Athletes Ejected for Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Any Sport:

B. On the ejection of the student-athlete, the school will be required to submit a report on the action of the player and any disciplinary action taken by the school. The minimum penalty will be as follows: 1. Football – 1 Game Suspension   

Those suspensions will absolutely hurt the City Tigers when they host The Blue Tigers from Gordonsville.   I was very much anticipating this matchup and was gonna attend to get an earlier look at Gordonsville since we play at Whitwell that week.

But now that that has happened this game has lost a bit of luster for me as it will not be a true assessment of both teams . And on top of that we lost 2 home games to cancelation and I didnt get to see the Pirates those two weeks.

Such dilemma. 

3 hours ago, Varo said:

So I'm just now recovering from last night and going back over some of the posts.  This one stood out to me.  How true @PiRaTe._.MiKe .  I know you've seen enough high school football in your time, and I'm pretty sure you were talking Tiger speed, Corndog defense.  But last night was a good display of both speed/big plays, and stout defense by the Tigers.  Except for the shenanigans on the field, which I agree with someone who mentioned it earlier, the refs let it get way out of hand, the game last night was your typical Fayetteville - Cornersville slug-fest.  Our Tiger team didn't back down and gave them all they wanted.  And after we lost those four impact players, the Team had to dig deep and step up to fill the gaps they left.  We are a relatively young team, lots of sophomores and juniors, and our freshman running back stepped up when he was needed.  That kind of  work mentality is what builds strong programs, not losing their heads and giving up penalties or ejections.  And speaking of that, what are the consequences of getting ejected in h.s. football?  One week suspension?  One game ? I don't know. 

BTW, I hope you and @Southtowner enjoyed last night.  Seems like we win when he travels.  

I think I'm finally unclenched now, and looking forward to Gordonsville in 2 weeks.  Ya'll should come see that one.

Yes, I was shocked your defense made a few big time stops especially there at the end.  Kudos to them.  The young RB, after your starter got ejected, did a great job of turning the corner running for the first down marker.   He could have ran out of bounds but had the football sense to get the first down.  Kudos to him. 

2 hours ago, Raider2021 said:

It appeared he took the Fayetteville player to Suplex City after the whistle or close enough to it to call a penalty.  It was the right call.  The punches were then thrown (I couldn’t tell if any actually landed), but the big issue was the players that left the sideline to participate.  

• Upvote 1