Creekwood @ Heritage

Fryinpan66

HUGE Region game for both teams Friday night. Creekwood comes into JC Escue Sports Complex undefeated (6-0) to take on a one Loss Heritage team (5-1). I don’t know very much about the Red Hawks except they are undefeated and have Won most of their games BIG. Comparing schedules, I would say the Patriots have had tougher opponents so far. Anytime you have already played Springfield that helps. I think Heritage has already forgotten that blowout, because they have played pretty clean football the last 3 weeks. 

Any Creekwood fans out there that would like to tell us about your team? 

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Heritage win this game. Creek Wood(hopefully that’s correct) hasn’t played any competition at all this year. They did play Dickson County which is a 6A school, but they have been down for years. They have played two region games against Greenbrier and Montgomery Central, but they have played no one as tough as WHH has, like Springfield or even Middle Tennessee Christian. 

Heritage has played the tougher schedule by far and, in my opinion, is more battle tested. It’s also homecoming for WHH, so they have that extra motivation. 

Edited by JacketLover
  • Like 1

I'll give y'all Creek Wood folks a little preview of Heritage:

The Patriots are not as big and physical up front like they were last year. That's on both sides of the ball. Also, Heritage doesn't have as much team speed as they did last year. The last few games, the Patriots have played mistake free football. They have also had very penalties. Besides the blowout Loss to Springfield, Heritage has played hard. Anytime you have 6 turnovers in a game, that is tough to overcome. I think the Patriots have long put that game in the rear view mirror. Another important thing to mention is the Patriots are finally healthy. In the first 5 games, Heritage had multiple players out with injuries including one with Coronavirus Contact Tracing. Like many other schools, many our guys play both ways!

Offensively, Heritage has a few play makers to watch. The speedster is #13 Timmy Freel. He plays in the Slot and will go in motion to run a jet sweep. He can also run routes and catch the football. The Patriots play 2 Quarterbacks. The Senior #16 Will Wilson has battled nagging injuries and has struggled with consistency. Will is best when he doesn't over think things. He also has some wheels and he will keep the football a few times a game. The other Quarterback is #5 Taye Francis. For a smaller guy, this guy can spin the ball. At running back the Patriots have 3 tough runners. The star is #27 Jackson Mapes, who has been through a lot his Senior Season. Last week, against Portland he played in only his 2nd full game. He had 6 TD's! That is 5 rushing and 1 Onside Kick Return for a TD. Pretty good for a guy that didn't even practice last week. Jackson likes contact, and will straight run you over. The 2 other RB's are #22 Malakhai Illramendi and #26 Colby Hulsey. Malakhai is another bruiser, but he has some quickness to him. Colby is not very big (5-6, 140), but he runs hard and isn't easy to bring down. With his size, he runs behind his blockers. When we throw the ball, it goes to Freel, #4 Chance Anderson or our emerging TE #33 Caleb Guisewite. Caleb has a baseball scholarship to Belmont and he is very athletic. He has made some BIG catches the last few games. Caleb didn't come out for Football until after the season started. Too bad he is Senior and we will lose him after this season. Up front, our O-Line is improving, but still not where they need to be. 

Defensively, the Patriots run multiple fronts. Most of the time, its 2 or 3 down lineman with LB's or DE's standing up. It's hard to say if we have a strength on our Defense, because we have had players out all season until recently. Guys like Freel, Wilson, Anderson, Mapes, Illaramendi ,#48 Ethan Braziel, #32 Andy Williams and #9 Malik Wisinski are the names I'm often calling over the PA system. Freel has had several picks the last few games. 

On Special Teams we have several Kickers & Punters. Kicking off we have BIG #72 Zanyar (Z) Omar. The young man has a big leg and often kicks it near the goal line. On Extra Points and Field Goals we have #29 Christian Carter. He has been solid kicking the ball this season. Honestly, I'm not sure has even attempted a FG. Punting the Football we have Jackson Mapes. Like I mentioned earlier, Jackson does a little bit of everything for us. If Jackson isn't in there, then our Quarterback Will Wilson has punted the ball when Jackson was banged up. Returning Punts and Kickoffs Heritage has Freel back deep.

Hopefully, this preview helps. Now, it's Creek Wood's turn to give us a preview. 

Offensively, you will see a lot of #2, #3, and #32 carrying the ball. #2 is the QB. Some games they have moved the ball 3-5 yards at a time. Some games they've hit homeruns. #2 can scramble and throw the ball very well down the field. 

Defensively, they have been outstanding. Most of the TDs given up this year have been against 2nd string. Ball-hawks in the secondary. I am pretty confident #2 leads the state in INTs, he had a pick 6 last game vs. Sycamore as well. 

This is most likely the best team they have faced this year (no offense to Greenbrier), so we should find out a lot this week. 

• Like 1

I’m going with Creek Wood in this one. I feel like it’s a coin toss game that could go either way. Both teams have a good running attack with CW having #2 back from a very good running team last year and WHH having the big physical back they have. So to me it all comes down to defense, which I think CW has better front 6-7 and really schemes well for the run. I hope fellow county school WHH wins, but that’s my honest answer from the realist side of me. 

Edited by Poundtherock23

On 9/30/2020 at 3:51 PM, Poundtherock23 said:

I’m going with Creek Wood in this one. I feel like it’s a coin toss game that could go either way. Both teams have a good running attack with CW having #2 back from a very good running team last year and WHH having the big physical back they have. So to me it all comes down to defense, which I think CW has better front 6-7 and really schemes well for the run. I hope fellow county school WHH wins, but that’s my honest answer from the realist side of me. 

Fair analysis. Hopefully, Heritage finds a way to Win. They will have to play mistake free football and wrap up and tackle.