2A Sonny Moore Power Ratings 9/28

Trollin

1 minute ago, JohnDutton said:

Not so fast.  Trousdale and Watertown could play 10 times and split 5/5.  With that being said, both of these would beat Lewis or McKenzie by 2 TDs.  I've seen all 4 play. Watertown played terrible against TC and still won.  TC had about 4 starters out as well (no excuses).  You let Watertown and TC enter into the playoffs healthy, and you will be very surprised.  Peabody seems to be the only team anyone from the other side is worried about.  Looks like they are on task for a 3 PEAT, but anything can happen.  1 week at a time. 

We are starting 3/4 sophomores so I don't think we are a lock at all sir.

2 minutes ago, JohnDutton said:

Not so fast.  Trousdale and Watertown could play 10 times and split 5/5.  With that being said, both of these would beat Lewis or McKenzie by 2 TDs.  I've seen all 4 play. Watertown played terrible against TC and still won.  TC had about 4 starters out as well (no excuses).  You let Watertown and TC enter into the playoffs healthy, and you will be very surprised.  Peabody seems to be the only team anyone from the other side is worried about.  Looks like they are on task for a 3 PEAT, but anything can happen.  1 week at a time. 

Peabody Meigs Lewis McKenzie 

I would really be worried about those teams. H20 maybe TC not so much. 

Start A Thread

19 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Well you fellas assume Peabody has a easy walk to the Gold ball game right? Not you specifically but it was said ,I could also go out in a limb and say the semi final games in 18 and 19 was the real GoldBall games,it's all a matter of opinion,and opinions are like buttholes we all got one and most stink, including mine time to time ! 14 and 17 was gauntlets for PHS and UC,so I guess it's all relative and doesn't matter,we aren't but a bit over halfway thru the season and the "east" excuses seem to have started " with some" no where near all though ! I know your a good program at WaterTown and TC and Meigs but to down play the Tides path there as well as the fact that 2 years in a row the east was silver ball winners is a chump move ! Heck the East couldn't of beat Fairley ,they choked or we wouldn't have,lol. I respect you all a ton so pls don't ever think I don't . Not trying to start the old East West war,just know whoever comes outta the West is gonna be ready !!!

I don't think anyone is down-playing the Tide's Path.  It was a simple gesture stating how good your team is.  They will walk through everyone IMO to get to Cookeville.  Trousdale and Meigs both last year would have beaten Fairley.  Just because your team struggled, doesn't mean you can say the runners up and 3rd place team would have.  Besides Peabody, the East had the next best 3 teams last year with Meigs, TC, and Watertown hands down.  I think you read too much into the statement I made originally.  My point was I don't think Peabody will be tested until Cookeville.  The team that comes out of the East will be battle tested after 1st round because there are a lot of teams that seems to be equal.  Thus the strength and schedule ratings provide that.  

43 minutes ago, JohnDutton said:

I don't think anyone is down-playing the Tide's Path.  It was a simple gesture stating how good your team is.  They will walk through everyone IMO to get to Cookeville.  Trousdale and Meigs both last year would have beaten Fairley.  Just because your team struggled, doesn't mean you can say the runners up and 3rd place team would have.  Besides Peabody, the East had the next best 3 teams last year with Meigs, TC, and Watertown hands down.  I think you read too much into the statement I made originally.  My point was I don't think Peabody will be tested until Cookeville.  The team that comes out of the East will be battle tested after 1st round because there are a lot of teams that seems to be equal.  Thus the strength and schedule ratings provide that.  

Fairley is the best team Peabody has played in the last 4 years. 
robinson the coach showed up and there 8 sophomores then like 18 juniors the next year and 22 seniors the next year. 

he holds a camp during the summer for high school players.  Fairley had barely won a playoff game till he showed up. They played us with 22 seniors on a team of 36. They had players from several different high schools in Memphis.  They were for sure better than meigs. You didnt see them in person. They were huge and had speed everywhere. Perseverance and coaching got them beat 

7 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Fairley is the best team Peabody has played in the last 4 years. 
robinson the coach showed up and there 8 sophomores then like 18 juniors the next year and 22 seniors the next year. 

he holds a camp during the summer for high school players.  Fairley had barely won a playoff game till he showed up. They played us with 22 seniors on a team of 36. They had players from several different high schools in Memphis.  They were for sure better than meigs. You didnt see them in person. They were huge and had speed everywhere. Perseverance and coaching got them beat 

They was a team built to get thier coach his next job and it worked ! That team had 325 lb linemen with 4.6 speed and Terry Wilkins was the best running back in 2 A by far and don't forget 6"4 receivers I believe 3 of them all seniors,most played at three or four schools in four years,funny Memphis claims they aren't don't right,if Meigs PHS or any other team had a revolving door of player and 17 transfer in one year we would be booted from the season.

Edited by PeabodyPride

4 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

They was a team built to get thier coach his next job and it worked ! That team had 325 lb linemen with 4.6 speed and Terry Wilkins was the best running back in 2 A by far and don't forget 6"4 receivers I believe 3 of them all seniors,most played at three or four schools in four years,funny Memphis claims they aren't don't right,if Meigs PHS or any other team had a revolving door of player and 17 transfer in one year we would be booted from the season.

Wilkins transferred to fairley from whitehaven his sophomore year. Robinson was at whitehaven then got hired at fairley. Wilkins transferred to a school who couldn’t win a playoff game the same year he gets hired. 

Just now, Tide21 said:

Wilkins transferred to fairley from whitehaven his sophomore year. Robinson was at whitehaven then got hired at fairley. Wilkins transferred to a school who couldn’t win a playoff game the same year he gets hired. 

Four linemen and receivers played for Mitchell year before,Wilkins played for Mitchell the year before Whitehaven

5 minutes ago, moneyman21 said:

Well That’s not saying much at all for the fact Watertown was awful in 2017 and was still beating tyner at half in the playoffs. They could have easily won that game too.

All I will say about this entire debate about it is just cold hard Goldball wins,

2014 7 2 A

2015 not us

2016 not us

2017 7 2 A

2018 7 2 A

2019 7 2 A

2020 7 2 A oops too early ?

4 out of 6 we have owned,need  I say more ?

Edited by Goldentidefanatic
Typo

1 minute ago, Goldentidefanatic said:

All I will say about this entire debate about it is just cold hard Goldball wins,

2014 7 2 A

2015 not us

2016 not us

2017 7 2 A

2018 7 2 A

2019 7 2 A

4 out of 6 we have owned,need  I say more ?

And Peabody woulda repeated had they not dropped to 1A 2015

17 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

That’s true

4 minutes ago, Goldentidefanatic said:

2014 7 2 A

2015 not us

2016 not us

2017 7 2 A

2018 7 2 A

2019 7 2 A

5 out of 6 we have owned,need  I say more ?

I don’t think he was arguing against you all. He was saying that what u said didn’t mean anything because watertown was very bad that year and almost beat that tyner team.