South Pittsburg @ Meigs County (Captain Victory vs Tiger King Fitz)

Southtowner

4 hours ago, MrLegit said:

I'm going to say something's that are going to make some Pirate fans mad. So here it goes. I know football is an emotional sport and it's hard to keep your wits about you, and sometimes receipts have to be given, but when you are a senior and a leader of a team and have as much playing time as Frame does you can't lose it and kick at a player right in front of the world as youre driving for a touchdown. We were on life support but we're not totally out of the game at that point. Frames a great kid and a great football player but the team comes first. Now for Vic. Love Vic consider him a friend, teammate, and a real Pirate, but there's no way he should have not put Frame on the bench for that lapse of judgement. Vic's dad would have and I personally know he's done just to teach a young man a lesson. This team can be very good and they have lots of talent but can't win without Frame on the field. He's lucky he wasn't ejected. Must not have made contact. Great day to be a Pirate. I'll support my team no matter what and bleed orange and black. Don't be to mad at me

I agree. He just look frustrated all night. He is a great athlete but he has to control his emotions. I watched it on the Tube and it was evident the announcers were huge South Pitt. fans and taking up for them the entire game. On that same drive I believe he had a long run and gave a stiff arm which was really a punch to one of Meigs DB's .  Even the fan fav. announcers pointed it out and the referees gathered around to discuss a penalty on it but let it go.

I think the Meigs D along with the penalties just had not only him but the team frustrated but they still got to contain their emotions.  He was lucky he didn't get thrown out of the game.

2 hours ago, team69 said:

Regardless what people think of Coaches on Teams I think alot have no idea what it takes to run a program. It's a juggling act keeping a team together they have to be a parent, teacher, and disciplinarian. This ain't easy to do with a diverse group of kids. If people only knew what some of them had to go thru. A high School Coach has to hear more S^^^ than alot of College Coaches with alot less zeros behind their pay. Now for the ones badmouthing Vic, he has one of the most successful programs in the state,he has one of the best stadiums in 1 or 2A, this is on him. The town has a Friday Nite  that they get  thats hard to match anywhere. Successful programs are always going to get their share of the jealous as I'm sure you can relate to. Vics been at this for 30 years and his record speaks for itself. 

Glad someone else said it. I don't always agree with Vic but he has created, developed, and coached one of the most successful programs that there is being a public school. Everyone can show there jealousy and down play what we have going on but bet 99% of you would love a program like this. No one is as hard on Vic as we are but we know what it's like without someone being 100% invested in our program. So as we continue to make it to the playoffs and compete for championships just keep bad mouthing us. We will take what we have. Hope you're satisfied with yours.

3 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

Glad someone else said it. I don't always agree with Vic but he has created, developed, and coached one of the most successful programs that there is being a public school. Everyone can show there jealousy and down play what we have going on but bet 99% of you would love a program like this. No one is as hard on Vic as we are but we know what it's like without someone being 100% invested in our program. So as we continue to make it to the playoffs and compete for championships just keep bad mouthing us. We will take what we have. Hope you're satisfied with yours.

South Pitt is the standard in Single A Football period. I don’t know how anyone could argue that point. One of the best coaches in the state and the most talented players year in year out. 

I enjoyed watching this game last night on TV. I wish I could have been there to see it.  I guess 7 points either way was pretty close. Meigs has a good football team. SP got beat up front and at QB. They missed some chances throwing the ball in that game last night. This should help SP down the road. Congrats to Meigs on a hard fought win. Two good teams last night.

I put this on the Whitwell game thread.  I think I'll drop it here as well:

Last night showed me glimpses of how good we can be at times but mostly it showed me heart and determination when the chips were down.  We fought valiantly and with that type of effort, there's no one that can keep this Pirate ship from sailing to the ultimate destination.  

We know where we're at and we know what we must do.  We are all in this together.  And with everyone doing their part, unselfishly, for the "P" on the helmet we will get there.

GO PIRATES!!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I put this on the Whitwell game thread.  I think I'll drop it here as well:

Last night showed me glimpses of how good we can be at times but mostly it showed me heart and determination when the chips were down.  We fought valiantly and with that type of effort, there's no one that can keep this Pirate ship from sailing to the ultimate destination.  

We know where we're at and we know what we must do.  We are all in this together.  And with everyone doing their part, unselfishly, for the "P" on the helmet we will get there.

GO PIRATES!!!

I agree. We talked about that last night (everyone sitting around probably heard more from me than they really wanted). As a fan I was glad to see it and I'm sure the coaches were to. They showed that they wouldn't give up and that they would fight when the chips were down. And they showed that when they got punched that they would punch back.