Week 8 -- D-B at Farragut (Region 1-6A battle for first)

TribalEmpire

15 minutes ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Its not so much playing Marivul, its scoring against Marivul. DB has a tendency to average 50+ in seasons but only score 7 against them in the playoffs. I do believe this is the more evenly contested game between the 2 in recent time, but everyone is over looking McMinn Co. They have looked impressive all year and each week better. DB vs Alcoa will tell us more. I think DB and Alcoa could go either way 

Like I said Maryville a different team in the playoffs. DB to me looked very good very balanced they throw the ball well dropped some passes but the QB looked very good. Nice to have three good running backs. One of the better DB teams

44 minutes ago, rollnoles said:

WaCojaCo I don’t see how your a DB fan give the kids some credit played a great game. At the half that game was 7 to 0 at Maryville. Maryville picked on the same side DB running the ball with there three TD’s. DB never punted and scored every time they had the ball but one. Some of those TD passes was with your second team and LIKE I SAID ST THE END MARYVILLE IS A DIFFERENT TEAM IN THE PLAYOFF’s. 

Hey I wasn't saying anything about the kids (young men).  I'm just saying never compare common opponents with Maryville. What I said is true. Here's something else thats true. Maryville probably has the best defense in the state. Even as good as the DB offense is it will be a monumental task to put 3 td's on them. Farragut threw "5" TD's last night with ease. Maryville could have that many by half time. Do the math. The secondary is the buzz kill here. And it ain't the kids (young men) fault. 

1 hour ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Its not so much playing Marivul, its scoring against Marivul. DB has a tendency to average 50+ in seasons but only score 7 against them in the playoffs. I do believe this is the more evenly contested game between the 2 in recent time, but everyone is over looking McMinn Co. They have looked impressive all year and each week better. DB vs Alcoa will tell us more. I think DB and Alcoa could go either way 

If I'm right McMinn will have to go through Maryville to get matched up against DB. So I don't think we'll see McMinn. Also I wouldn't look past Science Hill. It's a rivalry game and they've had DB's number for about 6 years now. And they have a good QB and a bunch of good receivers. DB has no secondary. Could be bad. And the game is over there. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

Its his defense  mechanism  he's just jealous other teams are getting good talk.  It seems  more exciting with homegrown talent good luck indians

LOL , A Maryville fan jealous ... lol ... just playfully teasing ind2424 , he's excited over the win . I watched the entire game and I hope Maryville and DB get to match up in the playoffs but we both have a lot of work to get there . 

Even though there are things to work on, let’s be real. Going into this week everyone had a little bit of doubt in their head if the Tribe had what it took since we have only played a handful of bad teams and Farragut has been “battle tested”. As a fan it is a great feeling to put that doubt to rest when our offense scored 8 out 10 drives they had and the last drive was with the backups running the clock out. Yes our defensive backfield has some work to do, but did anyone notice that our best corner got hurt right before Farragut started slinging it around the field. It is absolutely no excuse to give up 35, but dang the Indians played a heck of a ball game and after the 1st quarter it never became closer than a 14 point game because we did get stops defensively when it was necessary. They could have felt sorry about themselves after halftime, but instead had 2 big stops to give our offense a chance to make it a 21 point game again. I know Waco loves to point out the negative, but there was a lot of positives from our kids last night. Time to get ready for Mo-West, and there shouldn’t be any talk about us playing anyone else because the next one is the only one that matters right now. 

End Rant.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Hey I wasn't saying anything about the kids (young men).  I'm just saying never compare common opponents with Maryville. What I said is true. Here's something else thats true. Maryville probably has the best defense in the state. Even as good as the DB offense is it will be a monumental task to put 3 td's on them. Farragut threw "5" TD's last night with ease. Maryville could have that many by half time. Do the math. The secondary is the buzz kill here. And it ain't the kids (young men) fault. 

So when you play Maryville best thing don’t show up because you are saying Maryville already has won. 

20 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

Even though there are things to work on, let’s be real. Going into this week everyone had a little bit of doubt in their head if the Tribe had what it took since we have only played a handful of bad teams and Farragut has been “battle tested”. As a fan it is a great feeling to put that doubt to rest when our offense scored 8 out 10 drives they had and the last drive was with the backups running the clock out. Yes our defensive backfield has some work to do, but did anyone notice that our best corner got hurt right before Farragut started slinging it around the field. It is absolutely no excuse to give up 35, but dang the Indians played a heck of a ball game and after the 1st quarter it never became closer than a 14 point game because we did get stops defensively when it was necessary. They could have felt sorry about themselves after halftime, but instead had 2 big stops to give our offense a chance to make it a 21 point game again. I know Waco loves to point out the negative, but there was a lot of positives from our kids last night. Time to get ready for Mo-West, and there shouldn’t be any talk about us playing anyone else because the next one is the only one that matters right now. 

End Rant.

Earlier in the week just about a lot of the DB people where saying how DB couldn’t beat Farragut well If I was player for DB I would get on here read this stuff be fuel for the fire. DB put a smack down on Farragut last night and I am not a DB fan. Yea Farragut scores 5 TD’s in passing but some was against the second team. Farragut has 4 good receivers so they should be able to do what they did last night. Oak Ridge 6 TD’s SH had several. If you look at there games they can’t run the ball that good so got to make up for it. They have a good passing game and this is this QB first time playing QB

Edited by rollnoles

39 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

End Rant.

I hope West keeps our secondary busy that way we can get them some work and practice in real game. We have one of the best teams we have seen in kingsport in a long time! Love your take on it! ROLL TRIBE!!!

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

If I'm right McMinn will have to go through Maryville to get matched up against DB. So I don't think we'll see McMinn. Also I wouldn't look past Science Hill. It's a rivalry game and they've had DB's number for about 6 years now. And they have a good QB and a bunch of good receivers. DB has no secondary. Could be bad. And the game is over there. 

Waco,What do you think the problem is with the secondary? Poor preparation and Game planning, Players not understanding what they need to do, Poor teaching in practice, Maybe the wrong players in the wrong position. I agree the secondary needs work. Just curious what you might think the biggest problem or problems are. And what would you do to fix it or make it better?

Edited by DBturningitAROUND
Spelling