Week 8 -- D-B at Farragut (Region 1-6A battle for first)

TribalEmpire

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Are you sure???      DB is now the third largest high school in the state of Tennessee, and you are telling us that they can't find 6 skilled defensive backs out of 2,364 students??

https://tssaa.org/2020-fall-enrollments

1 Collierville High School 2,865
2 Bartlett High School 2,768
3 Dobyns Bennett High School 2,364
4 Science Hill High School 2,285
5 Cookeville High School 2,265
6 McGavock High School 2,256
7 Cordova High School 2,252
8 Arlington High School 2,157
9 Jefferson Co. High School 2,079
10 Smyrna High School 2,043

I’m pretty sure Smyrna is the last one of those schools that has won a championship in 2010. There are more factors than just school size that are important.

Edited by IndiansForLife

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Interesting, so Red Boiling Springs (enrollment 81) could compete with the top 6A schools if St. Nick went there to coach, or maybe Belichick? 

1277609_a4481478bafb45269c1bb1cc68ae25a2

I would bet that if "St. Nick or Belichick went to Red Boiling Springs to coach very soon that enrollment of 81 would be made up entirely of top notch football players. Get it?

25 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Not so fast.....   (Region 1-6A battle for first).....

According to the JC Press there could be a 3-way tie for first place in R1/6A

https://www.timesnews.net/sports/hilltoppers-indians-still-in-the-hunt-for-region-1-6a-top-spot/article_87d368bc-0cd6-11eb-9cb4-cf5b20b48e40.html

That's true, but when I posted this thread at the time, this game was the battle for sole possession of first at the time.  Lol.

1 minute ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

That's true, but when I posted this thread at the time, this game was the battle for sole possession of first at the time.  Lol.

It is still DB's to lose, the JC Press was just giving all the theoretical possibilities.      Unless a COVID situation happens DB would have to try to lose first place this year.

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2020 at 3:58 PM, StarBright87 said:

But we all know how this is going to end we are all on this island and Oakland is the host and some of us paid extra for extended stay but eventually Oakland will get bored and kick us all off this island and they will be rewarded 

Lord willing next season all I have to do is change it to Murvil is the host of the island, this is where were at now 

8 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

Lord willing next season all I have to do is change it to Murvil is the host of the island, this is where were at now 

I agree, in the foreseeable future nobody in NET 5A/6A is getting past round 3.     It would appear that 6A is locked up between Murvil and Oakland for years to come.     5A will always come from the greater Knoxville area.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1