Week 8 -- D-B at Farragut (Region 1-6A battle for first)

TribalEmpire

Just now, WaCoJaCo said:

Wooo up guys. Pump the brakes.  Let me break this game down for you real quick. DB came to play on offense. Great play calling start to finish. The line hardly took a play off at all the way they have in previous games. Quarterback, receivers and running backs were all on their game. Still some really dumb mistakes but it didn't hurt them. Defense shut the run down like they have every game. So where did those 35 points come from by Farragut?  They came from a non-existent secondary. "Five" touchdown passes. We should be able to be happy scoring 59 points but good grief, "five" touchdown passes?  I'll go ahead and say it. DB has been terrible at defending the pass for for 20 plus years. This is the worst pass defense I've seen. Period. Why any team would not pass on every down is a mystery to me. No way does DB beat Alcoa or Maryville with a secondary like this. Sorry if I make anyone cry.

not saying we would Definitely win, all i said was we could give them trouble and play with them, if we dominate the line of scrimmage we have a chance, all im saying

7 minutes ago, Indian2424 said:

not saying we would Definitely win, all i said was we could give them trouble and play with them, if we dominate the line of scrimmage we have a chance, all im saying

Well it's a good thing that you're optimistic. Not knocking you for that. But we won't dominate the line against Alcoa and Maryville. I think we hold our own but it would take a really special night to dominate against those two teams. We dominated the line tonight and still gave up "five" touchdown passes. See what I'm saying.  It's just throw and catch against DB. I've never seen anything like it. 

Just now, WaCoJaCo said:

Somebody has to remind DB fans of that every week.

im well aware of our mishaps and our secondary troubles Waco, your not the only one who watches the games, i never said we would without a doubt win, all i meant was if our O line comes out and plays like the did tonight and we dont shoot ourselves in the foot we can play with anyone

8 minutes ago, Indian2424 said:

im well aware of our mishaps and our secondary troubles Waco, your not the only one who watches the games, i never said we would without a doubt win, all i meant was if our O line comes out and plays like the did tonight and we dont shoot ourselves in the foot we can play with anyone

I agree the whole offense looked great tonight. Farragut is a pretty good team and DB put 56 points on them. That secondary is a real buzz kill.  Dang.

5 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Almost everyone on here predicted a DB win but most said under 25 points for either team.      Looks like neither team has much of a defense, but since I didn't see the game that's hard to know for sure.

I don't think Farragut had 20 yards rushing on DB's defense. All passing.