Week 8 -- D-B at Farragut (Region 1-6A battle for first)

TribalEmpire

1 hour ago, LINEDAD said:

DB defense will rule this game and the offense will not be hoping for a FG to win it.

Indians     39

Admirals   07

Is it Toga night? It seems to always be Toga night at Farragut

I like your way of thinking, but there's no way this is a 32 point beatdown.  If it is, dinner at Sloopy's is on me.  Lol.

• Like 1

I was really impressed with DB the two times I have seen them play online. 

Farragut comes into this game a bit banged up which, unfortunately, has become a somewhat common theme for the Admirals following the Science Hill game - 2017 being particularly costly as I recall. 

I am uncertain of the availability of the two Farragut players that were injured last Friday against SH, but I feel confident a few guys will have to step up for Farragut to have a chance against DB.

Hoping the coaches start Moore off with some high percentage throws. Corum, Keasling, DeVault and Taylor have definitely elevated their play to complement White at WR - getting Collins a few more reps at WR would give the Admirals 3-4 legitimate deep vertical threats. Farragut will need to have some success running the football or it could be a long night in pass pro against a very good DB defense.

Edited by Former44

49 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

DB's defense has allowed only 17 points so far? That's impressive no matter what teams you have played.

This should be a very entertaining game to say the least. I'm pulling for Farragut in this one. 

I say Farragut 31  DB 28

I doubt the tribe gives up 31. I also doubt they put up 28 lol. Im always gonna pull for DB. But i could see you being right about Farragut winning. I dont think it will be that high scoring though

1 hour ago, Former44 said:

........ Farragut will need to have some success running the football or it could be a long night in pass pro against a very good DB defense.

Long-term hard-core DB fans would argue this point, saying that DB's pass defense is... iffy at best.
But on the other hand very few high schools can pass consistently enough to win without a ground game, or who knows maybe DB's pass defense is way better this year than in the past.

I'm still going with DB by 7 to 10 points

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Long-term hard-core DB fans would argue this point, saying that DB's pass defense is... iffy at best.
But on the other hand very few high schools can pass consistently enough to win without a ground game, or who knows maybe DB's pass defense is way better this year than in the past.

I'm still going with DB by 7 to 10 points

Our pass defense is better than last year. Still alot to be desired. Way too many big plays. just slightly better than last year